• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Incredible Hulk
3 3

321 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Are you only going for a NM graded copy or a raw one?

Either but Raw NM is preferred.

On 10/28/2020 at 11:34 AM, universal soldier said:

Either but Raw NM is preferred.

I have slabbed 9.6 and 9.4 copies.

Hulk 197 is the book that got me started collecting Hulk books. I have 3 9.8's that are near and dear to me. 

Edited by joeypost

On 11/1/2020 at 9:58 AM, joeypost said:

I have slabbed 9.6 and 9.4 copies.

Hulk 197 is the book that got me started collecting Hulk books. I have 3 9.8's that are near and dear to me. 

I love the cover to Hulk 197!!

When I was a young collector and buying beat-up, used comics for 10/15/20-cents each, I only had the 2nd part of the story.
Seemed like it took me forever to get #197. And then a good while longer to find one I liked in nice shape.

This story still kind of creeps me out. As does Hulk 222 by Starlin.

21 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Did anyone else have this record set as a kid?  The narrator's voice always creeped me out for some reason.  My original copy got thrown away a long time ago and then recently I was in a comic store when an elderly woman was selling a bunch of comic record sets to the owner.  I still have a turntable so I'm able to listen to it.  Her son must have hated it because the record has barely been played.

Hulk Record Set a.jpg

Hulk Record Set b.jpg

I still have my original copy!

I had this one and the Man Thing record set as a kid.

Loved them both.

I think one of the voice actors also did Speed Racer as well.

3 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Wow! Two of my favorite Hulk covers in 9.8, in one post.  Thanks.  Are you going for the entire run graded?

Thanks! Yes I have a short list of slabbed runs I am presently putting together. For IH my objective is 201-300 as these contain some of my all-time favorite covers and stories. 100s not too shabby either (thumbsu