• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help

44 posts in this topic

My suggestion would be to check eBay Sold listings to get a gauge on FMV.

Just an FYI...just because a book/magazine is still in its unopened original polybag does not mean it is in Mint condition, damage to the item still occurs sometimes from the bag itself.

If they are all copies of that issue, you have kindling for a nice bonfire. If they are all different issues of Wizard magazine, you still have kindling. 

Remove the bags before you toss them on the fire, they will burn cleaner.

Some are worth a little bit, maybe $20 $30. Not a expert but thought I seen some get those prices. Might have been a spawn cover. Worst case if you dont want to research them on ebay, take photos of the lot, then more of like 8 books at a time. List auction starting at 99 cents title lot of 117 or how many wizard magazines sealed in polybagged new and it will get eyes on it. Under comics category. Maybe do 3 or 4 if these since you have so many. If you have every single issue it will do immensely better. Big if. 

For reference I sold a full run of about 150 issues locally for $60... they're really not worth listing online because they weigh so much especially cumulatively .. it's going to cost a lot to ship and it'll just take up space online.. so list it on Craiglsit or a local app

2 hours ago, Stooge McSchmuck said:

Weren't the # 1/2 issues mail-in?

Wizard would send one every 1 or 2 years as appreciation.. I remember getting Fantastic four 48 .. They came in cardstock manila envelopes..

7 minutes ago, Stooge McSchmuck said:

I don't understand your response. I thought you were saying there might be some 1/2 issues in those unopened polybags above. I was thinking No because you usually had to send in a coupon for the 1/2 issues (and others like their ACE books).

Are you saying Wizard would just send you 1/2 books without you sending in the coupons or shipping cost? Lucky you, who'd you sleep with? lol

Yes Wizard would voluntarily send me those 1/2's without having to mail anything in.. I subscribed from about issue 150 until the last issue when they went bankrupt.. unfortunately they never refunded me for the remainder of that year

On 5/18/2020 at 12:09 PM, shadroch said:

If they are all copies of that issue, you have kindling for a nice bonfire. If they are all different issues of Wizard magazine, you still have kindling. 

Remove the bags before you toss them on the fire, they will burn cleaner.

I wouldn't burn them just yet Brittany.Screenshot_20200519-135127_eBay.thumb.jpg.ca42528aecacbfe70366f9ac90bd76ff.jpgScreenshot_20200519-135200_eBay.thumb.jpg.763799395c26c1aa76fca919c872ac76.jpgScreenshot_20200519-135238_eBay.thumb.jpg.220d095c62f1c80f1a29b8c908a08784.jpg

2 hours ago, Stooge McSchmuck said:

The title of that auction is misleading. 

Well it's a buy it now, not a auction. And I am sure it does seem misleading to a McSchmuck like you! Totally just kidding. Not a crystal clear listing but very common for ebay. You better look at pictures to see what you are getting on ebay. Doesn't matter anyways. OP has appeared to disappear. Probably busy throwing out a thousand dollars worth of wizard magazines. 

11 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

My math is based off the title in the image you provided.

If you dont know the value of something and are not familiar with ebay then you might not want to tell someone they have no value.

What you did was give terrible advice. And instead of saying, wow I apologize, I had no clue wizard magazines had value. But instead you cherry picked 1 example out of the 6 I gave. Posted what you thought was a cute funny comment about only being worth a dollar a magazine that you turned out to be wrong about it. And even if it was only a dollar a book that is still over a hundred bucks. 

Edited by Myowncollector
Wrong poster.

1 hour ago, Myowncollector said:

What you did was give terrible advice. 

It's the same advice others have given and it's not wrong. When someone uncovers something and then writes on this board for the first time, without even looking on e-bay, it's usually because they hope its worth a lot. I have seen posts like this before and I am sure you have too.

I do hope the OP appreciates the care you are giving to answer their question.

Edited by William-James88

2 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

It's the same advice others have given and it's not wrong. When someone uncovers something and then writes on this board for the first time, without even looking on e-bay, it's usually because they hope its worth a lot. The person wanted to know if they stumbled on some treasure, if it's valuable, and the answer is no. Everything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, as e-bay shows, but that's terrible non advice as well. 

It's no big deal. Brittanyg is gone probably never to return. But she didn't ask if she could put her kids through college , just asked if they were worth anything and they are. To you making $2 to $4 per magazine might not be worth messing around with. Too look through them to see if you might have one of the few copies that sells for $100 or $30 might not be worth the time. She might be thrilled with those results. Who knows. To some people a couple hundred bucks right now is something. Hey I am fairly well off and would sell those wizards in a heartbeat. Forget 2 or 3 bucks, for 70 cents I can take some pics and put them in a box. 

No problem though. I been watching the last dance. I am like MJ in that I take every little thing as a insult against me. Your lol comment could have been harmless but I took it as this person choose what they thought was my weakest example and got smart with me. So I gave some shots back. Listing title was misleading, and maybe you did get 100 -219 or whatever it was. But usually its what's in the pictures. They didn't say complete or full run. But still, common what about the other 5 examples! Cut me a break. Haha I was just surprised at the $ those wizards brought. Not a lot but still surprising. I don't want brittanyg coming back saying, you guys told me to burn these, I could of had another month rent money, now I am homeless.