• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.9s, life, and a couple Qs
3 3

23 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

Oh, I agree it's not "horrible."  But I think the bar for 9.9's should be a bit higher than "not horrible" when they go for 10-20x 9.8 value.  Here's another 9.9 the same auction house has up right now.

RAD245562020511_93733.thumb.jpg.cde65036b3b7862b283bd9a4eee0a00d.jpg

Not going to bother zooming in on each corner, but they are sharp.  These are the corners I demand in my 9.9s.  

9.9s are nice but like people say "buy the book, not the label" it took me a long time to learn that

9.9 is a scam

Reading the Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide the following categories read the same, as to what is allowable for both grades:

BINDERY DEFECTS

COVER/EXTERIOR

SPINE

STAPLES

PAPER/INTERIOR

The above covers 'corners' in the COVER/EXTERIOR, and they read the same.  The only thing that differs is in the GRADE DESCRIPTION. "Near perfect in every way"  vs. "Nearly perfect in every way".  If you want to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars in a premium based on NEAR OR NEARLY, then have at it.   I am perfectly happy with a 9.8