• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heir to the Empire: Anyone seen this version?
2 2

48 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2020 at 3:27 PM, valiantman said:

Hard to say.  From the CGC Census can see that CGC only had two entries for this book in their database so they would have been wrong either way (direct or newsstand) because they didn't create a third entry.

There's an example on Ebay for "Star Wars Comic Pack #25" from the descriptions of the three books on this link:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:heir:empire:1:/label/all/orderby/year/variants/yes/

...and it doesn't look like your book either.

s-l1600.jpg

Hello, first post here can't wait to get more info on this book. I have the identical book. May I ask what you paid to get it certified?

9 hours ago, Jason9910 said:

Hello, first post here can't wait to get more info on this book. I have the identical book. May I ask what you paid to get it certified?

He probably paid $20.00 plus shipping. Where did you get your copy?

3 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

My local comic book store at the time. I lived in the East end of Toronto and collected through the 80s and 90s. I've recently rediscovered my collection. Pretty happy I did!!

20210127_215445.jpg

3 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

So when CGC pricing tier says value up to $$ what does that mean? They don't know what the book will sell for. Is that cover price?

Edited by Jason9910
Typo

12 minutes ago, Jason9910 said:

So when CGC pricing tier says value up to $$ what does that mean? They don't know what the book will sell for. Is that cover price?

It's how much you want it insured for at cgc, the tier you select reflects that.

$20 on a modern tier insures up to $200 per book

You can find more info here

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

On 1/27/2021 at 5:48 AM, Jason9910 said:

can't wait to get more info on this book

It's from the Hasbro toys Comic Two-packs.  It came with the Thrawn and Karrde set.

On 10/10/2023 at 7:42 PM, World Devourer said:

Pricy little number. As 78 copies in 9.8, #1  probably shouldn't command that price as not that scarce and not an original story.

Methinks the Star Wars factor keeps it in collections and therefore scarce.

Screenshot_20231011_103748_Chrome.jpg

The same could be said for 1977's Star Wars #1

On 1/31/2021 at 7:14 AM, azcards4ever said:

Funny...I have seen only one on ebay since this thread started (an 8.0 currently still there).  I have seen a hand full of what is called the "UPC Sticker Variant" version. 

Basically, mine is one they forgot to put the sticker on.  (shrug)

There is at least 1 cgc 9.8 blank bar code in existence. This came to market on eBay and lasted a day. A private deal was made for the book and the listing removed. Original asking price on eBay was $3500.

On 11/19/2023 at 9:18 AM, Catwomancomics said:

There is at least 1 cgc 9.8 blank bar code in existence. This came to market on eBay and lasted a day. A private deal was made for the book and the listing removed. Original asking price on eBay was $3500.

I've seen a 9.2 or 9.4 on feebay as well.  They're out there.  :yeehaw: