• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manufacturing Error, DC Cover with Marvel Interior
3 3

89 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Okay.  For those not wanting to click the link, CGC decided to label this book AGAIN by the cover rather than the interior.

s-l1600.jpg

It took them 3 TIMES to grade this one. It was graded in June, July and August.

I'm actually happy with the outcome. BUT, this will be the FIRST and LAST time I will slab a comic. It's just too much of a hassle. 

SOLD for $100.00

Thank you for your interest in this title and post.

I will NEVER send another thing into CGC! As it was one of the WORST, drawn out experiences in my life! it took THREE attempts (and three months) to properly grade this comic.

Customer service was OK the first time, way BETTER the second time. 

Make sure if there's anything special or different with a comic you send in that you LET THEM KNOW IN DETAIL, otherwise they will look it over and NOT record it. That's what happened to my comic TWICE!

I just got back my Ultimate 4 variant with multiple spots on the inner case...they were so obvious and with a book that will hopefully go for $1000 +  I would never sell it unless it was perfect... fortunally I was able to reach CS and they sent me an e-mail to reholder it  including the appropriate  information sending it via Fed Ex   my only problem will be  WTF why  did it pass Quality Control?  I just sent it back in looking forward to getting it back and selling this hot book

I don't blame CGC for being hesitant on books with different covers and interiors. There are enough people out there that can manufacture them. I am not insinuating that happened here, as I have owned books with different interiors from the cover in the past, but it would not be difficult to make one if the price justified it.

Edited by kimik

2 hours ago, kimik said:

I don't blame CGC for being hesitant on books with different covers and interiors. There are enough people out there that can manufacture them. I am not insinuating that happened here, as I have owned books with different interiors from the cover in the past, but it would not be difficult to make one if the price justified it.

Hesitant? They didn't reject it, they just didn't describe it properly on the label (they still really haven't, but that's a separate issue). They failed to do a proper job multiple times. (shrug)