• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Midnight Auctions Fun! Timely GGA/Humor and Twin Earths
3 3

23 posts in this topic

Surprised these didn't go in my last thread, so let's put 'em up for grabs.

:rulez:

Auction opens once lots are posted. Auction closes at midnight tomorrow, Saturday June 6. (An 11:59 pm high bid wins, a midnight bid is too late.) 

Payment - Check or money order

Each lot will have its own BIN price as well as an opening bid. Both BIN and opening bid will include U.S. Priority shipping. 

Returns - Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Be all means even if you're not bidding, have fun, make predictions, smoke a cigar, spill a Bloody Mary, treat this thing like a day at the horse track!

Lot #2 - 12-mag lot of Twin Earths reprints. Twin Earths is a classic Sci-Fi strip from the '50s that has rarely been reprinted, and mostly in foreign editions. These R. Susor Publications include Sunday Pages #'s 1-5 and Daily Strips #'s 1,3-8. Mags are FN or better. (While the actual mags are printed in 1991, I am offering them in GSB as the 1950s material is most likely to be of interest to folks who look here. I think this lot meets the spirit of the GSB section of the forum.)

BIN is $125 shipped

Opening Bid is $25 shipped.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay, there they both are, so bidding is open!

Have at it, boardies -- regardless of whether these lots go at any price, I'm not gonna be happy until this thread looks like one of those two-page barroom brawl scenes out of a Kirby western! Have fun, playground is open!

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Okay, there they both are, so bidding is open!

Have at it, boardies -- regardless of whether these lots go at any price, I'm not gonna be happy until this thread looks like one of those two-page barroom brawl scenes out of a Kirby western! Have fun, playground is open!

Gene!! Is that an octopus in on of those twin peaks things?????

2 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Gene!! Is that an octopus in on of those twin peaks things?????

Jay!!!! Welcome! 

I don't think so; these are mostly dinosaurs, flying saucers and Planet Comics wannabe babes. (Not that there's anything wrong with any of that...winning formula, in fact....but they could've used a giant octopus or two for sure (thumbsu)

12 hours ago, oceans11 said:

Timely girls $213

Another bid on Timely girls as Oceans11 goes head to head with Comcav! We got a show tonight, folks! Bidding closes at midnight!

And somebody could sneak away with the Twin Earths reader pile too; nary a bid yet with an open of only $25 shipped within U.S. 

4 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Another bid on Timely girls as Oceans11 goes head to head with Comcav! We got a show tonight, folks! Bidding closes at midnight!

And somebody could sneak away with the Twin Earths reader pile too; nary a bid yet with an open of only $25 shipped within U.S. 

yeah, just a barn burner.  Timely girls $214.