• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Green Lantern #2

8 posts in this topic

There was tape on the bottom left of this comic where the big stain is.... I'm wondering if this is a stain from the tape?  Or something more substantial like glue?

I removed the rape.  Wondering if this will be considered qualified or restored.  Spine looks good, staples intact.  I don't see any glue along the spine

Thanks for your input 

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

The staining very likely was due solely to cellophane tape.  I would doubt that there was any other adhesive/glue involved.  

I've owned several DCs from the late '50s / early '60s and I recognized right away your situation.  Partly because very old cello tape normally "pops" off easily, I think your book should get a Universal grade.  It's obvious that the tape was applied years ago and did the damage, so regardless of when it came off, I believe the book doesn't fall under a Restoration category.