• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SS Pedigree
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I apologize if this has been answered before, but what label will a comic get if it is a pedigree that Is signed under the Signature Series?  Does it automatically get the yellow label? Can you retain the black (grey?) pedigree label instead?  Thank you!

Edited by Tinman44

All of my SS pedigree books were done before the Black label was created. Thus they were yellow label with the pedigree designation retained (because I sent the books in with the prior pedigree labels.)

you do not want black only - that will treat the signature as a defect, you should find out whether they do a black/yellow label. That would be #1 - a yellow label with a notation would be #2. Good luck!

So I guess I found the answer my own question.  I asked CGC and here's what the representative wrote me:  

If you were to have a pedigree labeled book signed you would then have to choose between the labels. 

My reply:

So I can get the pedigree signature series signed and have it be an official signature but keep the gold pedigree label? [Apparently the Black/Grey Pedigree label is actually called a "Gold" label]

And CGC's final reply:

That is correct! 

Edited by Tinman44

36 minutes ago, Tinman44 said:

So I guess I found the answer my own question.  I asked CGC and here's what the representative wrote me:  

If you were to have a pedigree labeled book signed you would then have to choose between the labels. 

My reply:

So I can get the pedigree signature series signed and have it be an official signature but keep the gold pedigree label? [Apparently the Black/Grey Pedigree label is actually called a "Gold" label]

And CGC's final reply:

That is correct! 

That is great news, but I don't understand how they are going to do it.