• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You can only pick one....
1 1

21 posts in this topic

I have the money to purchase one item on the list below, which item has the most potential to make the most profit ? All items are CGC graded.

Wonder Woman 6 - 1st Cheetah app (5.5)

Sensation Comics 6 - 1st Magic Lasso (4.5)

Fantastic Four 4-  1st SA Namor (7.5)

Fantastic Four 5- 1st Doctor Doom(6.5)

Superman 4- 2nd Lex Luther(7.5)

Marvel Family 1- 1st Black Adam(4.5)

Incredible Hulk 181- 1st full Wolverine (9.2)

All these books are bloated. I had the 3 marvel books and sold every copy. For investment only you can find better options. I wouldn't be thinking comics for investment and certainly not these ones. But the best one imo is ff4. But all 3 marvels are good if you like tying your $ up for years while only getting small returns on it. When movies come out you will make a lil $ but nothing compared to what you could have in other investment areas. 

Fantastic Four 5, 100% That will be one of those practically unattainable comics later.

Marvel Family 1 is cool too and rarest of the bunch, but I feel it's a really high price already with not as much room to explode as FF 5.

Second appearance are actually lowering in value (or not growing in value as fast) in general so I would avoid those.

Edited by William-James88

FF5...But the reason why is they are hard to find these days because they are so old and are extinct and falling apart.   The FF movie will come out and it will bump up, but in the long run it will hold its own.   I like Hulk 181 too but there are 644 hulks (1974) in 9.2 condition compared to 60 FF5's (1962) in 6.5.   In fact if you total up every FF 5 graded in the universal tier there are only 1294 from .5 to 9.4.   When looking at the worth today using Gocollect.com FF5=7750  Hulk181=6250    So, in summary I like both books but would go with the FF5.

On 6/12/2020 at 2:59 PM, Nazirite said:

I have the money to purchase one item on the list below, which item has the most potential to make the most profit ? All items are CGC graded.

Wonder Woman 6 - 1st Cheetah app (5.5)

Sensation Comics 6 - 1st Magic Lasso (4.5)

Fantastic Four 4-  1st SA Namor (7.5)

Fantastic Four 5- 1st Doctor Doom(6.5)

Superman 4- 2nd Lex Luther(7.5)

Marvel Family 1- 1st Black Adam(4.5)

Incredible Hulk 181- 1st full Wolverine (9.2)

Hulk is a winner right now. Will it come down though? Hard to say. Might stick around these highs. I think first Doom has room to grow big time but whether or not it does remains to be seen. Plus Wolvie has fifty times the fans as Doom. Second Lex is cool but I dunno if it would carry the desire amongst the masses like Hulk 181. At the end of the day I think Hulk 181 will always be the easiest sell. The FF 5 and Superman 2 may be a tad more valuable in long run but will they find you a seller quickly when you do wanna sell? 

The rest are cool books but again I worry demand won’t be as strong.