• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who had comics that were thrown out by their parents back in the day

31 posts in this topic

yeah so were mine...and I only found out a month ago, when I was raiding my parent's place for eBay fodder... I had nearly all the original 1977/1978 figures with guns and all....even Power Droid....*GRMBLLL*

And then I'm not even mentioning the small army of vintage Smurfs from the late 60's-early 70's that were tossed out as well.... mad.gifmad.giffrown.gif

If you have the original latex ones about 2 inches high in excellent condition, then yes.

I've seen a few fetch over $100.00 a piece at toyfares here.

The good part is that they were sold without a box or anything, so you don't need to have it boxed to get a good price. The bad part is that the latex paint wasn't really up to scratch and was subject to a lot of chipping.

I had over 100 of the little blue suckers when I was a kid....

Ya sure those were Smurfs? I thought the Smurfs only came along in the 1980s.

Maybe they were Trolls instead? (I had a Troll from the mid-sixties, but what's left of it after years of abuse from the family dog is not pretty...) wink.gif

Z.

Ya sure those were Smurfs? I thought the Smurfs only came along in the 1980s.

Maybe they were Trolls instead? (I had a Troll from the mid-sixties, but what's left of it after years of abuse from the family dog is not pretty...)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

(must not explode.... people generally don't know....) shocked.gifgrin.gif

The Smurfs came along in the US in the mid-80s, but being a BEL GI AN invention (the smurf's creator Peyo was a Belgian cartoonist) they were already popular in Belgian strips in the late 60's....so were the toys.

European succes came around 1978 with the Smurf-song, world wide succes came in the 80's with the cartoons

I think the Smurf figures might have been available in the very late-70's, as I think they preceded the mass media programs and cartoons. I'm certain they weren't around in the 1960's, at least not the in the form we know and loathe.

Don't knock our national symbol Vince ! mad.gif

After Fantastic Four claiming he had never heard of Tintin and Darth professing to prefer Swiss mountain-goat chocolate to the true Belgian delicacies it's one of the few things we have left (oh and Brussels sprouts, beer and fries)...

crazy.gif

If you must hate the smurfs....then hate these ; the upcoming grim 'n' gritty Ultimate Smurfs

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

smurfs.jpg

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif