• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC FANDOME & JUSTICE CON remote events
1 1

96 posts in this topic

Not as exciting a line up as the first one last year. I'll tune in to it as there are some projects there I'm interested in, however it breaks my heart a little without any of the DCEU JL trinity present.

I know they want to move away from that but what a shame there isn't the flagship team up there. I suppose you could argue it sort of is with the variations they have present instead. It just doesn't come across as grand as it should.

On 8/31/2021 at 3:31 PM, RickSp said:

Not as exciting a line up as the first one last year. I'll tune in to it as there are some projects there I'm interested in, however it breaks my heart a little without any of the DCEU JL trinity present.

I know they want to move away from that but what a shame there isn't the flagship team up there. I suppose you could argue it sort of is with the variations they have present instead. It just doesn't come across as grand as it should.

It was really exciting last year knowing WarnerMedia had opened up to releasing the Snyder Cut. It felt like things were changing.

Then the WM CEO released that letter on the 5th day the movie came out proclaiming "That's it - DONE!" It was a trash move.

We still have Black Adam, Shazam 2, The Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern Corps Show, Batgirl and more. But that March 22nd article sucked!

DC Comics Surprise-Drops Free NFTs To DC Fandome Attendees

Attendees of DC Comics' online comic con event DC Fandome, received an access code to claim a free DC Comics non-fungible token or NFT item today, one of a number of possible choices, dropped into all US-based attendees' inboxes. Who could object to getting something like that for free? 

The mailing headlines that "FOR OVER 87 YEARS, DC HAS SHAPED FAN CULTURE. TODAY, WE'RE REDEFINING IT." I'm not entirely sure that's true. For a start, fan culture is not one way, and they might have something to say about it themselves. DC Comcis continued, saying " Congratulations! You are among the first to receive your DC NFT*! It's our way of saying thanks for being a registered member of the DC community. We've partnered with Palm NFT Studio to reimagine legendary DC comic book covers as NFTs. Using Palm's environmentally sustainable and energy efficient technology, these NFTs highlight DC's legendary history, breadth of characters, and diversity of storytelling. Click the CLAIM NOW link below to be taken to the Palm NFT Studio site, where you can register for an account and claim your exclusive DC NFT. We're rolling out the NFT program to our registered DC Fans as we approach DC FanDome. Your friends will receive theirs soon as well!"

WarnerMedia’s virtual fanboy conference DC FanDome 2021 racked up 66 million global views this year according to the studio, a number which outstrips last year’s confab which drew 22M views worldwide.

The online showcase which was held on Saturday from 10am-2pm PST dropped a multitude of fresh product from Warner Bros. DC Comic book label including but not limited to a new The Batman feature trailer, sneak peeks at The Flash, Black Adam, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom as well as a ten-minute goodbye and reminiscing from the Supergirl cast among other teasers across the film, TV and publishing spheres. The entire virtual second annual conference was available in over 220 countries in 12 languages, and in over 50 livestreams across several social media platforms. Several hundred media outlets re-broadcasted the stream. The Batman trailer, which showed off the movie’s villains of The Riddler, Catwoman, and The Penguin, on YouTube has clocked 24M views since dropping on Saturday.

The virtual fan convention DC FanDome won't be taking place this year. Originally launched in 2020, DC FanDome was a virtual convention that covered DC content consisting of comics, TV shows, and movies, with stars and creators holding virtual panels to discuss their many projects. DC FanDome has also served as the first place fans could see trailers for The Batman starring Robert Pattinson, the Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League game, Zack Snyder's Justice League, and more. Unfortunately, Warner Bros. Discovery has canceled this year's DC FanDome, according to Popverse. ComicBook.com can also confirm the latest update to DC FanDome.

"With the return of in person events, Warner Bros. Discovery is excited to be able to engage with our fans live at numerous comic-cons around the world and will not be scheduling DC FanDome for 2022," a statement from Warner Bros. Discovery reads.

:facepalm:

On 9/1/2022 at 4:59 PM, kimik said:

I guess you really can't blame then since they have basically cancelled everything at this point. I don't think it would be worthwhile having a 15 minute event. 

It is just nuts.

They thoroughly limited what was shown at 2022 SDCC to just two big movies (one of which is now moved). So the assumption would be they are going to surprise everyone at DC Fandome with Blue Beetle, Zatanna, The Flash, Constantine, Justice League Dark plus all of the shows that are still going strong (Doom Patrol, Titans, Young Justice, Harley Quinn, Superman and Lois, Stargirl, Pennyworth).

Nope. Better they not do DC Fandome because you know - we'll be at the shows we are not attending. SEE YOU THEN! :shiftyeyes:

On 9/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

It is just nuts.

They thoroughly limited what was shown at 2022 SDCC to just two big movies (one of which is now moved). So the assumption would be they are going to surprise everyone at DC Fandome with Blue Beetle, Zatanna, The Flash, Constantine, Justice League Dark plus all of the shows that are still going strong (Doom Patrol, Titans, Young Justice, Harley Quinn, Superman and Lois, Stargirl, Pennyworth).

Nope. Better they not do DC Fandome because you know - we'll be at the shows we are not attending. SEE YOU THEN! :shiftyeyes:

It may be a sign that those shows are on the endangered list now as well........

Maybe I will be proven wrong, but I still expect WBD to be acquired at some point by AMZN or AAPL. They have the free cashflow from other operations to assume the debt load without blinking.

On 9/1/2022 at 6:36 PM, kimik said:

It may be a sign that those shows are on the endangered list now as well........

No. The reveal for Doom Patrol, Titans and a few other show came out.

Stargirl Season 3 started yesterday.

Harley Quinn Season 4 just got announced the other day.