• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] [CLOSED] LAST CALL! Closing Today! Medication Time! Nurse Ratched Says Short Box 'o early Silver to early Bronze, mostly Marvel/DC plus some oddballs
1 1

326 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Thank you VERY much, Don; I really appreciate you saying that. :foryou:

I think our hobby can be lonely in some ways in that, at least in my personal experience, none of my close friends is also into comics as we on here are. To be able to have a place that allows us to bring our love of funnybooks together -- that creates a great, child-like energy through the joy of sharing and discovery.

That's why I love finding a small collection of cool stuff even if its mostly stuff I already have in my permanent collection -- keep a few I've been looking for/wanting, maybe a few others get swapped in as upgrades over what I already have, read a few I never read before, and share them here with others who enjoy them too. And get to create a clubhouse atmosphere in the process! Win-win! I feel like hosting a sales thread on here is like throwing a virtual party; at least that's what I shoot for. 

This. This. This. I LOVE comics. My kids LOVE comics. My friends and wife...not so much. I'm here because I like the community here so far with Lizard, Read, Jay and many others all contributing. Sushi you make the list if you let me have all the FF tonight :-) If there's a further way to get into convos here or suggested communities for chatting our hobby, please let me know!

Why I'm in THIS thread! I actually have a very nice bar in my house that I'm turning into a comic book bar. I'll post pics as it moves forward but many of these $10 are to become readers for my friends and kids as they visit. Someday if I actually get to know the folks here well enough, I'd be happy to host a NJ shindig (barring COVID ending our ability to talk except through plastic walls ;-) ).

Quick recap of what's left from last night's new postings:

With these books, some of them have specific flaws that lower their grade, as opposed to general overall wear. Please see posting pix and notes before taking.

P7:

Wonder Woman #120 VG- $20

Green Lantern #37 VGFN $15

Hulk #250 VF/VF- $10

P8:

Journey into Mystery #121 VG $12

P9:

Thor #130 Fair $5

There's also a recap of the early portion of the thread on Page 6; many cool left in the first few pages: What If 10, JIM 112, etc. And there's also some cheap esoteric stuff in the middle pages between the first recap and the beginning of last night's postings on page 7.

1 hour ago, Jginsberg79 said:

This. This. This. I LOVE comics. My kids LOVE comics. My friends and wife...not so much. I'm here because I like the community here so far with Lizard, Read, Jay and many others all contributing. Sushi you make the list if you let me have all the FF tonight :-) If there's a further way to get into convos here or suggested communities for chatting our hobby, please let me know!

Why I'm in THIS thread! I actually have a very nice bar in my house that I'm turning into a comic book bar. I'll post pics as it moves forward but many of these $10 are to become readers for my friends and kids as they visit. Someday if I actually get to know the folks here well enough, I'd be happy to host a NJ shindig (barring COVID ending our ability to talk except through plastic walls ;-) ).

Okay, You can have one FF:foryou:  

Just now, Jginsberg79 said:

Maplewood! Always up to no good. I'm a devotee (read spent money there since I was 8) of JC Comics from the 1980s - today!

A bit south of me... I am in Bergen County and try to be equal opportunity to Jokers Child, Zapp and Gotham Underground.

Just now, Unstoppablejayd said:

A bit south of me... I am in Bergen County and try to be equal opportunity to Jokers Child, Zapp and Gotham Underground.

I'd say check out JC too though it may be a bit of a hike. I like Zapp a lot but haven't seen the other 2. Always open to good reco's though!

3 minutes ago, Jginsberg79 said:

I'd say check out JC too though it may be a bit of a hike. I like Zapp a lot but haven't seen the other 2. Always open to good reco's though!

The Jokers Child has everything.. they have been there since the 80s so the owners are a little cranky and no wheeling and dealing but the place is huge and only about 1/3 of their  inventory is out so if looking for something specific ask. Gotham Underground is a smaller place but the owners are real down to earth but also further away from you. Do you go to the monthly shows in clifton? (well before covid that is)

1 minute ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

The Jokers Child has everything.. they have been there since the 80s so the owners are a little cranky and no wheeling and dealing but the place is huge and only about 1/3 of their  inventory is out so if looking for something specific ask. Gotham Underground is a smaller place but the owners are real down to earth but also further away from you. Do you go to the monthly shows in clifton? (well before covid that is)

I didn't know they existed. I've been back in the hobby about 6 months after losing everything 10 years ago to Sandy (18 feet of water in my house). I'd love to hit some shows though and always looking to shoot the breeze on books! Good to know on Jokers Child. I need Kraven Last Hunt, Xtinction Agenda and a few other "filler" backstories that I lost!

Many years ago, I lived in Livingston, NJ, so not too far from where you  are. That was back when I was in elementary school and Jr High and picking up comics at the local 7-11. We had Heroes World in the Livingston Mall, and that place was pretty cool for back issues at the time. Picked up my copy of  Firestorm 3 (1st Killer Frost), which I still have,  along with some Justice League of America issues out of those back issue bins at the time,. The store is long gone and I moved to San Diego (and eventually Sacramento, CA) also many years ago, but if I ever get back there I will need to go hit up some of the comic shops in the area.