• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's travel to the PLANET STORIES Universe
1 1

108 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, Surfing Alien said:

True but that was a rag with large chips and a taped spine. Several other decent copies have gone for $150-250 while on my radar and none for under $100. I think that's more like what the current price is/should be for a nice VG to Fine copy.

Favorites are a matter of personal preference but I think the market is speaking on this one because most Anderson covers are up often on ebay but this one seems to be held dearer and I don't blame folks. It's my favorite along with March 1952 and the Test tube babe cover you alluded to. Pretty sure it was featured in Steranko's book which doesn't hurt either.

I've also seen that t-shirt in the general public, not just at a con so it's got some public recognition factor going as well. 2c

Thanks for the info. I looked up copies on the CC pulp auction archives and they were also bring prices well under $50. I just figured it was the case of a couple collectors wanting it bad. But I guess not. Here is my copy I recently bought in a large group of pulps. 

A5C66EB8-E671-4C65-8077-24B0FC69986C.jpeg

On 5/12/2022 at 10:36 AM, Robot Man said:

Nov 1950

I think a classic cover. Also used as a Planet comics cover. 

E93530B9-F917-462C-99F0-45CA4838A367.jpeg

I always liked that one such a great cover 

Windy City Pulp Stories #21 (the program book for the Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention) can now be ordered on Amazon.  This year's book is devoted to Fiction House, publishers of Planet Stories.

https://www.amazon.com/Windy-City-Pulp-Stories-no-21/dp/1884449867/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1OIMI72KGTICK&keywords=windy+city+pulp+stories&qid=1652453820&sprefix=windy+city+pulp+stories%2Caps%2C80&sr=8-1

On 5/18/2023 at 9:59 PM, lpsunburst said:

Time for me to share some planetary love over here.

PS 1942 Fall.jpg

They are still deals compared to the comics with some amazing covers (thumbsu