• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending in Graded Comics.

8 posts in this topic

I have been looking for this answer and can't seem to find it. I looked at the FAQs and did a search and that didn't help much. 

I'm wanting to send in 6 CGC graded comics to get signed.  5 of the comics are 9.8 and 1 is 9.9. Will the comics still be the same grade after they are signed?  Thanks for any help you can give me. 

On 7/15/2020 at 1:33 PM, Damore said:

I have been looking for this answer and can't seem to find it. I looked at the FAQs and did a search and that didn't help much. 

I'm wanting to send in 6 CGC graded comics to get signed.  5 of the comics are 9.8 and 1 is 9.9. Will the comics still be the same grade after they are signed?  Thanks for any help you can give me. 

There is 0 guarantee that they will be the same grade since they will all be regraded after all the handling. We have many reports of 9.8s coming back 9.6. So send them only if you are ok with the chance of it going down a grade.

Edited by William-James88

50 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

Send them all in!  They might all come back as 10.0 Gem Mint's....after a clean/press of course!

So.... you're the "hold my beer" guy in your group.... :D 

On 7/17/2020 at 7:29 AM, William-James88 said:

There is 0 guarantee that they will be the same grade since they will all be regraded after all the handling. We have many reports of 9.8s coming back 9.6. So send them only if you are ok with the chance of it going down a grade.

I would like them to stay 9.8s but if they come back 9.6 I will be ok with that.  I decided not to send the 9.9, I will send another 9.8 instead.  Is there anything I can send with then graded comics to help them keep the 9.8 grade?

2 minutes ago, Damore said:

I would like them to stay 9.8s but if they come back 9.6 I will be ok with that.  I decided not to send the 9.9, I will send another 9.8 instead.  Is there anything I can send with then graded comics to help them keep the 9.8 grade?

no, the only thing you can do to have all chances on your side is to pay extra for a press after it is signed.

31 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

no, the only thing you can do to have all chances on your side is to pay extra for a press after it is signed.

Thank you.