• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many McDonald and Burger King workers do we have here

57 posts in this topic

A job is a job !!! No reason to take 'pot-shot's' at fast food workers. Shame on you all !

KK

McDonald's, Head Manager

Are you the head manager of janitorial, or in charge of the burgers?

Kinda ironic that after you made fun of my position as head manager at McDonald's that you got 'laid off' from your job,..dontcha think ? (and less than a week after your post)

KK

If you need a job let me know,...we need a fry guy.

I work for the IRS. I'm technically a "seasonal" employee, but this is the first furlough in the six years I worked there. But I will be going back in January, so I'm just treating it as an extended vacation.

I work for the IRS. I'm technically a "seasonal" employee, but this is the first furlough in the six years I worked there. But I will be going back in January, so I'm just treating it as an extended vacation.

So what are you going to do with the time?

Organize your comics? Read your comics? Sell some comics?

popcorn.gif

So what are you going to do with the time?

Organize your comics? Read your comics? Sell some comics?

popcorn.gif

I will read some comics and organize them better, and I'm going to try to do some things on my limited budget like day trips to the shore, the mountains and other local stuff.

My wife is a manager at Arby's. It is a difficult job with long hours, and most people couldn't do it well. She is very good at her job and makes a decent salary.

I'm sure your wife is a great lady, and a very hard worker. I apologize to anyone who I may have offended because of this goofy thread. sorry.gif

My wife is a manager at Arby's. It is a difficult job with long hours, and most people couldn't do it well. She is very good at her job and makes a decent salary.

I'm sure your wife is a great lady, and a very hard worker. I apologize to anyone who I may have offended because of this goofy thread. sorry.gif

I don't think ANYONE should take this thread, or any of the other's like it, too seriously. It was obviously done for a laugh & nothing more. confused-smiley-013.gif

Geez, this thread got a lot of backlash. I didn't know it was such a controversial topic! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Geez, this thread got a lot of backlash. I didn't know it was such a controversial topic! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A lot of people get "touchy" about their jobs, particularly the jobs that don't require anything above a high school degree (a lot of secretaries, fast food employees, customer service representatives, administrative employees...). People working in these positions are usually looked down upon by other people (whether it's warranted or not) and, thus, the "touchyness."

I think the fast food "bashing" comes from the countless times people go into a place like Mickey Ds or Burger King and meet an incompetent worker that can't get anything done right. Then you ask a manager for assistance and they are equally incompetent. No offense is meant to the posters that work in such a capacity (or that have relatives/spouses that do so), I'm just offering my guess as to why this thread had such backlash. tonofbricks.gif

My girlfriend works for McDonalds for over 10 years now! She bought her first comic book at San Diego Comic Con this past July at the young age of 47, Detective Comics #322 with a great Batman Genie cover!

My girlfriend works for McDonalds for over 10 years now! She bought her first comic book at San Diego Comic Con this past July at the young age of 47, Detective Comics #322 with a great Batman Genie cover!

thumbsup2.gif

I worked at McDonald's and another fast food joint when I was young whipper snapper. I saw how hard the managers worked and was quickly convinced that I did not want to move up the "corporate ladder."

BF, I have the greatest respect for what your wife does. If she does it as well as you say, she is capable of handling other jobs that actually pay more, but demand less.

As a teen, I worked at McD's for two years in Toronto. Started at $3.65/hr, left at $4.25! :-) Sadly for my bank account, there was a comic store literally right across the street (an old Shooting Star comics). Many a paycheque was cashed there! ;-)

As for some workers being incompetent, while that is true, I also realized that there are many incompetent customers. You have no idea how many times people tried to order Whoppers, or hot dogs, or something else that wasn't on the menu. I mean, really. One guy asked for a "Little Mac." I asked him if he meant a hamburger or a cheeseburger (since a Big Mac has cheese), and he hit the roof! He yelled that if we offered Big Macs, it logically follows that we also have Little Macs, and he'd have whatever that is.

He wasn't joking either. Made me wish I had Wolverine's claws, let me tell you.