• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many "can" readers do we have here?

How many "can" readers do we have here?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. How many "can" readers do we have here?

18 posts in this topic

See Sig Line for more info.

Can, schman. I'll read any book on the can. If I had a Detective 1 in NM I would read it on the can. Why? Because I have my bathroom arranged in such a way that:

1) Fresh air is constantly flowing. The can window is the ideal cross-breeze creator in my apartment.

2) I shower just before sleeping, so the room, with its cross-breeze, has had any excess humidity poofed during prime can-reading hours. (I enjoy sleeping clean. Could never figure nout the concept of sleeping in the accumulated dirt of the day and showering in the AM.)

3) I have a small table, always kept clean, upon which I can place the mylar bag. And the book and board as well as needed. And I always read a comic with the Fullback acting as a leverage (held horizontally).

4) I have good lighting in the can expressly for reading.

So yeah. I will read any book in my collection in the can.

How many of you have kids and this is the "only" time you have to read those treasures?

I don't have kids, and I still read 60% of my new stuff on the can...otherwise its just wasted time yay.gif .

Well I do have kids and I believe that someone once said that "Having children is like being pecked by ducks"

Child or not, who wants to read just anything while sitting in a place I once termed "The Library", but now it has advanced and is now called

"The Throne Room".

Either way, I usually have something Worthy of spending my time concentrating on nearby. makepoint.gif

I was reading an old copy of Adventure from the early 70"s in the can the other day and saw that DC had started a pilot program of having Comic Mobiles and taking them to places that did not regularly distribute comics in order to be sure that people who wanted comics could get them. they could get immeadiate feedback on who was buying what. they were sending them to playgrounds and libraries in Long Island and New Jersey

I guess this was b4 comic stores.