• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contest to pick the last issue of Flash Comics that is obtained by Flashlights
4 4

599 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

correcto mundo :acclaim:

giphy.gif

What?  #135 was the 8th pick in my list...  :o  I thought it had worked out so most people got one of their top picks, but if this is correct, wow, I really duplicated the picks of a bunch of people ahead of me.  :sorry:

Edited by Warlord

7 hours ago, Warlord said:

What?  #135 was the 8th pick in my list...  :o  I thought it had worked out so most people got one of their top picks, but if this is correct, wow, I really duplicated the picks of a bunch of people ahead of me.  :sorry:

Most folks did not get to go with their top pick. You happened, via the luck of the draw, to wind up with the last position of all the contestants. So you wound up with the last number left unpicked. :ohnoez:

Five Contestants left and Five Comics left!  Keep in mind guys some of these last issues are keys and a bit on the pricey side, for me anyway. I will tell you I am actively engaged in a deal to pick up 3 of the 5 remaining so more to come on that soon, but it will be a slow process, I'd say another 2-3 months. Hang in there and giph out post away it will be a fun ride to the finish line!

Lets recap what they're playing for shall we?

image.thumb.png.14034e0f97396c0a8956bb52c84d4396.png

The Flash #123 and Flash #1 from the 80's are reproductions, but how about that B&B Flash/Doom Patrol that's pure Silver Age Sweetness! I will add more to the pile, I just have to dig through a few boxes. And I'm throwing in a 25$ gift card!

Later: A sealed 4 pack with Batman #50 was added!+5 more mystery comics (2 of them Silver Age)!

image.png

4 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

Most folks did not get to go with their top pick. You happened, via the luck of the draw, to wind up with the last position of all the contestants. So you wound up with the last number left unpicked. :ohnoez:

Fake news!  It's rigged!  I want a recount!  :baiting:

No worries.  Thanks for the fun ride & thread! (thumbsu

Here it is Flash fans! On a side collecting note back in 1988 when I had to let my first 106 go and sold it at the local comic shop (for less than 50% of book value:pullhair:) I knew that there was a real chance that I would never again own this scarce comic. But today I am so proud to have this one!!! It's in rough shape but at least it has a cover, and with my budget restraints a coverless copy, if I could find one was a real possibility for me if I was going to complete this collection. As I've said before I kinda run a boarding house for wayward and abused Flash Comics. So glad this 106 finally found its way to a nice Flashy home. :banana::banana: Certainly worthy the very rare double dancing bananas! :roflmao: 

image.png.0129d58b685e40c2d12120bb7c86a0a7.png