• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amaz. Fantasy 15 on ebay----what are your thoughts on this book? The real deal?

11 posts in this topic

All excellent points.

So here's my next question then....why would a seller who seemingly has a high positive rating on Ebay risk it all if the book isn't on the up and up?

I suppose I could answer that same question myself by asking...why not just send it to CGC if it's legit....ie; no restoration and the like...and triple your payload if you could?

I'm guessing the only answer is in the knowing that the book has restoration, and submiting it means not being able to pass it off as the real deal.

That's the only conclusion I come to.

I wanted to know if this was one of those books that some of you see floating around ebay from time to time, popping up every now and then in an attempt to move it.

Stay away. I also recall having seen these pictures before. The top edge near the spine appears to have ct or possibly a piece added.

There are so many red flags here it's not even funny. It doesn't matter how many feedbacks they have. Anyone foolish enough to bid and win almost deserves to get taken.

these pics are familar, as is the description, (fathers book), however, his feedback has rube11, bobcat.enterprises and jerry weist all leaving positive feedback on the first page. However, this could be someone selling for another, as his ID suggests, as has happened in the past, and be brought to light here on the boards, but hey, who knows confused-smiley-013.gif

So here's my next question then....why would a seller who seemingly has a high positive rating on Ebay risk it all if the book isn't on the up and up?

Hey $10,000 buckeroos is $10,000 buckeroos - Obviously he doesn't plan on being around long . . . Why? I think the answer is obvious - they're crooks.

Guys the book I bought was a TTA 82 in "nm'. It was cheap enough to test. I was trying to visit him last weekend to see the Fantasy 15 and the day before he had a "problem" and I couldn't visit. I even told him I would pay for it to be CGCd and he "hates" them so didn't want to. He told me that he isn't greedy and the book was left by his dad. If I could get $100k instead of $10k that sounds like a good business decision not greed. I am not sold on that,

Steve