• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED THANK YOU
6 6

123 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Witchcraft #6 
 Hollingsworth! Someday I’m going to make a decal from that skull!  Looks like someone just stuck one on the cover.
Tape pull on cover, significant LR corner brittle/abrasion, spine wear, etc.  All complete and attached and ready for reading.    
$48

IMG_7868.jpeg

IMG_7872.jpeg

IMG_7870.jpeg

IMG_7871.jpeg

Take

Warrior Comics 1945! 5.0/OW  
Beautifully crude cover with bold colors (6 of them!). 
Would be an easy 8 if not for the impact lower left corner, 
-could be hammered flat for a better grade

?
1049619150_ScreenShot2020-07-31at5_08_58PM.thumb.png.ecd82d88326210bd6bfdb276bf53467b.png
(make sure and use the flat end of the hammer- why do they even make the other side so pointy?  Seems counter intuitive.)

Nice old-timey torture story and some cool sci-fi art- did you know Victor Hugo was handicapped?? Me either!

$88 (hammer not included)  
SOLD THANK YOU!

IMG_7852.jpeg

IMG_7853.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

IMG_7851.jpeg

IMG_7850.jpeg

IMG_7849.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Wholesome Golden Age 4-pack PT2
(pay no attention to that code stamp on the Strong Man book!)

Strong Man #1 
4.0 OW/W Piece missing TL corner, spine wear.

This is actually a pretty fun book and even has a useful workout section.

Joe Palooka V2 #57
6.0?  Very sharp and shiny however the best thing about this book is the cool worm hole straight through the spine.  
If worm holes were graded, I think this would be 8.5-9.0  

Hi-School Romance #14
5.0? Pretty book except
1” bottom spine split with small chip missing, small piece missing bottom corner.

I bet if they used the drag racing splash for the cover, I would have sold this already for a lot of money. 

Bulletman Comic #11.  1942 Diamond Shoes Giveaway.  Buy War Bonds!
$30

Here’s a description of this little book c/o board member Qalyar (thank you for the info):
"I don't want to threadcrap or anything, but thought I'd provide a little info on this weird thing. This isn't, strictly speaking, an issue of Bulletman (even though it uses the cover art from Bulletman #3). This is one of a loose series of miniature comics called "Mighty Midget Comics", published by Samuel E. Lowe.The interior reprints content from Bulletman #6 and #7 and from Master Comics #27 (and as I recall is only 30 pages despite what the cover says!). Lowe sold these cheap little reprint books originally for 2 for 5 cents!

What's interesting about THIS copy is the shoe store ad on the back cover. I've seen this issue before, but always with a blank back cover (except for the war bonds bit). If there's someone into collecting Fawcett and related material who enjoys the chase for odd printings and variants, this one is for you!" 

SOLD- THANK YOU!  (YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THAT WORM HOLE!!)

IMG_7879.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Black Cat Mystery #32 

When’s the last time you saw this for sale??? (LAST WEEK ON EBAY- DOH!)
Water damage limits it to what… a 3.0? Doesn’t CGC have a water damage rule?  Anyway, there’s a subscription type crease and some foxing wear along the top, otherwise a nice book.  
And boy does it deliver art-wise:

SOLD THANK YOU!

Black Cat Mystery #32g23.JPG

Edited by Black Bat

4 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Black Cat Mystery #32 

When’s the last time you saw this for sale??? (LAST WEEK ON EBAY- DOH!)
Water damage limits it to what… a 3.0? Doesn’t CGC have a water damage rule?  Anyway, there’s a subscription type crease and some foxing wear along the top, otherwise a nice book.  
And boy does it deliver art-wise:

$48

Black Cat Mystery #32g23.JPG

Black Cat Mystery #32g25.jpg

Black Cat Mystery #32g122.jpg

Black Cat Mystery #32g16.JPG

Black Cat Mystery #32g18.JPG

Black Cat Mystery #32g19.jpg

Black Cat Mystery #32g20.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 9.05.12 PM.png

take

On 7/26/2020 at 3:45 PM, Black Bat said:

Adventures Into The Unknown #20

6.5+  w/ow Corner fold top right.  Some pressure marks across title, do not break color- you can probably pound them flat with a hammer, gently of course...
probably better to hire a professional comic pounder though.  Still a good deal!

Otherwise super tight.  Fun read.
$75 reduced $58

IMG_7678.jpeg

IMG_7680.jpeg

IMG_7681.jpeg

IMG_7682.jpeg

Take it

On 7/30/2020 at 7:53 PM, Black Bat said:

Terrifying Tales #15

3.5 Slight C-1 small CT and small glue.
My favorite Cole jungle cover? This one broke my heart- twice! I had this copy for a while and always wanted an upgrade. After waiting for years, I bought a beautiful raw 8.5ish.  After “upgrading” I sent this one in for grading… Then I found resto on the 8.5 too – (the dealer refunded- thank you, you know who you are!). But when this copy came back purple, well, now I just can’t look at her the same anymore- it’s like she’s been lying to me all these years!  
Still a solid presenting copy- Crack her out and fool your friends!
$268  REDUCED!  $238!

tt15.jpg

take it

12 hours ago, Black Bat said:

BEWARE #4.  6.5 OW/W
Famous Slurpee Demon cover.  Banned in 1952 from all U.S. 7-11 Stores!  

(Who’s he trying to kid?  They didn’t even have Slurpees in !952!)

Bought one of these off the boards, and that weekend won another, same exact grade, at Auction.  Sometime’s life’s just like that.
$388

BEWARE TERROR TALES #4 6.5.2 fc.jpg

BEWARE TERROR TALES #4 6.5.2 bc.jpg

I believe that  I need this Bernard Bailey in my life. :takeit: 

BTW anyone know what's going on with this panel? (shrug) :roflmao:

6A7FCB7F-A174-4105-BA58-53C990FABCA6.thumb.jpeg.37915a0fdf8fb092a14c1880f5643006.jpeg

13 hours ago, Black Bat said:

LAST ONE FOR TONIGHT!

Another of my all-time-faves and another hard-to-finder.

These NNNNNNNEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRRR come up for sale- until they do!!!!

Strange Mysteries #12 5.0 C/OW

$1650

As soon as those ghouls clear outta there, I'm gonna walk right into that skull and watch me some Umbrella Academy on Netflix.  Heard it's good!  Thanks all for buying and following along!

(actually UA is kinda boring- don’t think I’ll finish it)

STRANGEMYSTERIES#12fc.jpg

take per PM

On 7/30/2020 at 8:25 PM, Black Bat said:

TONIGHT'S GRAND FINALE
IMG_7838.jpeg

WEIRD TALES NOV. 1949 & CHILLING TALES #13 4.0 (?) OW/W

Here’s a pair of tantalizing twins fathered by the unmistakable Matt Fox. 
Here’s a predicament.  What to do about this dope Chilling Tales #13?  Using my magnifying glass I detected a subtle yet suspicious edge anomaly.  Has this book been trimmed?  Or badly cut & overhang??   Ah but then there is the staple situation- apparently the staples have been removed as there are extra staple holes.  But they are so low on the spine!  Could the staples have been removed from their original location, new staples added, then removed, then put back in the original location?  Who would do such a thing?  And why?? And what to make of this roughness along the entire back of the spine?  
Here's the conundrum- is this book an a
wesome sneaky deal on a Blue label?  Or a heart crushing PLOD trimmed/staples replaced?  
Do you feel lucky?- Well do you punk?  

Conundrum aside, I don’t have to tell you how awesome this issue is do I?  
Do I??  I’ll just say this: floating rabid cannibalistic skull.  
Ok, this too: one armed giant phantom ghoul on a tear.
AND- if you think you're ever gonna find anothert giant feet & spider splash, you're crazy!

Ultimately, it’s simply a beautiful looking book, and it's Weird Tales sibling is structurally solid, with nice paper and lots of twisted illustrations.  These are getting scarce, especially in such solid shape…

Both For $378   PRICE REDUCED!  NOW  $348!!!

IMG_7842.jpeg

IMG_7843.jpegIMG_7833.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.33.03 PM.jpg

IMG_7829.jpeg

IMG_7831.jpeg

IMG_7840.jpeg

IMG_7841.jpeg

IMG_7834.jpeg

Easy to tell if a book has been trimmed.  Simply open to the CF and lay it flat on it's covers.  If at least the left side (FC and first 8 sheets) shows fanning, it's original.  If however all the edges line up straight, like a paperback book, it's most likely been trimmed. 

I have two copies of that issue, BTW, and the right and top to bottom edges on each are cut differently (both original).

1 hour ago, fifties said:

Easy to tell if a book has been trimmed.  Simply open to the CF and lay it flat on it's covers.  If at least the left side (FC and first 8 sheets) shows fanning, it's original.  If however all the edges line up straight, like a paperback book, it's most likely been trimmed. 

I have two copies of that issue, BTW, and the right and top to bottom edges on each are cut differently (both original).

Thanks for the excellent info!!  But I'm not performing the fan test on this one because that would spoil the thrill of the unknown, the risk of failure, and after all, isn't that what PCH- as a genre- is all about? 

41 minutes ago, milhousb said:

Take per PM! 

Nice grab!  Just pulled them out and they look awesome side by side!  Bold primary colors, the red/yellow vs the blue, two guys fighting on each... Probably wouldn't have sold them had I noticed it before.