• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED THANK YOU
6 6

123 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Authentic Police Cases #36

Baker inside and out.
4.5?  ow.  Tough to grade, book is solid and supple, tanning around edges of cover, top staple attached but loose. 1/2" split bottom spine. Lots of dents on cover that don't break color,  and a few around top right corner that do.  Edge wear
$80

IMG_7703.jpeg

IMG_7704.jpeg

IMG_7705.jpeg

IMG_7706.jpeg

:takeit:

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Ahh shucks!   :cloud9:

Last one I needed thanks for putting it up. Now locked up for good!

Any more tonight Bat? 

Yeah that's one I never paid attention too- lesson learned.  Would be nice to not learn it in such a public way...  

No more tonight.  

Edited by Black Bat

1 minute ago, Black Bat said:

Yeah that's one I never paid attention too- lesson learned.  Would be nice to not learn it in such a public way...

Yeah, I hate when people do that. No reason to rub it in a seller’s face...

I really appreciate getting it!

Early Bird Special...

Thrilling Crime Cases #41 5.0+ C/OW 
Get yer Cole crime fix! Significant tanning interior covers, small nick out of bottom spine, and some edge roughness.  Otherwise solid.  Lots of delicious crude crimey art in here!  Moral of this story- don't pull up your socks until AFTER you close the door of the iron maiden.
$178

IMG_7787.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_7788.jpeg

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

PCH STARTER KIT.
Bury these in a hole with the seeds of some horrible thorny creeping vine and see what monstrosity emerges!  Or, grind them up and feed them to an unsuspecting silver age collector to create a pch zombie, then sneak him into your arch enemy-collector’s comic room and set him free!  (Then restore the zombie with a dose of ground-up, brittle early Fantastic 4s, he won’t remember a thing). Or keep in mylar and admire their decaying beauty- your choice!
All poor or/and incomplete
Journey Into Fear #9 incomplete, no back cover.

Journey Into Fear #18 cover split and brittle- but good luck finding one of these in any condition.  Took me 26years to upgrade.

Dark Mysteries #4 cover detached, pieces missing.
Adventures Into Terror #13
 cover barely attached.

Sold- Thank you, thank you, thank you, and Thank You!!!!

IMG_7782.jpeg

IMG_7784.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Haunted Thrills #3
3.0? OW.
  Tough book!  Great looking low grade, smooth flat glossy with rich colors. Splits and chips along spine but cover attached.  
SOLD THANK YOU!!

IMG_7802.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

13 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

PCH STARTER KIT.
Bury these in a hole with the seeds of some horrible thorny creeping vine and see what monstrosity emerges!  Or, grind them up and feed them to an unsuspecting silver age collector to create a pch zombie, then sneak him into your arch enemy-collector’s comic room and set him free!  (Then restore the zombie with a dose of ground-up, brittle early Fantastic 4s, he won’t remember a thing). Or keep in mylar and admire their decaying beauty- your choice!
All poor or/and incomplete
Journey Into Fear #9 incomplete, no back cover.

Journey Into Fear #18 cover split and brittle- but good luck finding one of these in any condition.  Took me 26years to upgrade.

Dark Mysteries #4 cover detached, pieces missing.
Adventures Into Terror #13
 cover barely attached.
$88!!!! 

IMG_7782.jpeg

IMG_7784.jpeg

:takeit: (love the description!)

Innocent “Those Were The Days” Golden Age Four Pack
or

“4 comics my grandma bought me and I hid them inside the encyclopedias so my friends wouldn't see them that’s why they’re in such great shape" four pack.

1. Real Life Comics #48 5.5?
  Chipping on edge of back cover.
Rattlesnake Dong is back, and this time he’s brought his posse:
2. Robin Hood AND His Merry Men #34. 8.0+ w/ow.  Just a few small flaws. This could become the highest graded copy in the WHOLE WORLD, but then again, maybe not.  What do I know?  Obviously not much after letting that space cowboy book go for the price of a fancy hamburger.
3. It REALLY Happened, I Swear To God.  #5.  6.5 wear/small pulls around staples-  Hey it’s a Schomburg cover!  
4. Crown Comics #8.  6.5-7.0?
Abrasion wear on top and bottom left corners, a few very small lower spine creases.  Otherwise a beautiful tight shiny flat book with white pages.  I looked and saw this listed for like hundreds of dollars- but who buys them, and why?
$148 for all four!  That’s less than the price of 6 fancy hamburgers!
SOLD- THANK YOU!!!

IMG_7807.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Outlaws #13
3.0? OW. Pretty ragged but supple and attached.  Obnoxious big corner folds bottom right corner, staple pull tears, 1” tear and small chip on back cover.  
These Cole westerns are pretty sweet.  If my grandma bought me these I would be totally cool with it. 
Sold- Thank you very much!

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_7715.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat