• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmitting a SS CGC for Pressing
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I just received one of my books that was signed by Amanda Connor and I’m pretty disappointed with the grade. I sent all my books prior to a press company and for some reason this one fell through the cracks and I can see possible defects on the spine. I know without a doubt this could be a higher grade but I’m not sure how to go about doing this. It’s not an expensive book especially if you take the signatures away but it’s just something I want my collection. What would be the process of resetting this book in, having CGC remove the case, have it pressed by them or facilitator and then re-cased? I can’t seem to find anything online about this process

0A692A86-479A-4EC8-AE45-5B11569C4733.jpeg

I thought maybe submitting it as as ReHolder and getting it pressed would be possible, but I guess not.  I just tried a simulated submission starting with "Reholder" service, and all other options get grayed out, and no way to add pressing further along in the process.

Looks like you have to start from scratch as if it was raw.  Select grading tier, pressing, etc.  Then just send it in as is, in the case, and CCS would crack it and press it.  I'd put a note on the case, "pressing for a possibly higher grade".

Maybe someone who has done this before will see your post and give you some better guidance.  You can also call or email customer service.

I’d contact Cgc or ccs customer service and have them walk you through the process 

it can be done 

I believe you should be able to submit to CCS for pressing and then CGC for grading and it should maintain the chain of authentication.  Note, it definitely wouldn't be a re-holder, it'd be a full priced submission.  Just make sure that the pressing and grading are all on the same form.

I can confirm @joeypost is the guy to do this. I've used him before on a yellow slab press no problem. However, if you do this, consider the following:

$10 to ship to CFP
$8 to Press
$5 CGC Submission Fee
$30 Grading Fee for SS book
$32 Return shipping cost for 1 book (can't be combined with non SS books)

So you're looking $85 to regrade this.