• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saga of the Swamp Thing prices?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I was working on putting together a high-ish grade Alan Moore run when all the prices started started jumping. I don't mind waiting for it to settle down. I just dont want to miss out on good #37s and get left with high priced reader copies. This is my first real encounter with the speculation stuff.

Anyone with experience care to give a little insight?

Should I get the higher price keys now(before they go up even higher) or will the price come down eventually? It would suck to spend ~$1k only to have it available for half that, a few years down the line. Just looking to add this run to my collection not to flip or anything. Always loved this run. One of my favs. Gotta love tubers!

Well lunch break is over back to work. Thanks in advance!

You may have to wait a while before prices drop. The upward trend on comics has been going up for many years now and doesn’t seem to be slowing, despite Covid and job loss. The particular book you are referring to is being speculated on and may not drop in price until the speculation is over and/or after a movie drops. 

BCB2233A-7B1E-481E-8D3C-07069E813A1C.png

25 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I actually just sold mine - a 9.2 CGC 

And you didnt check with me first!! Even though you had no idea I was interested?! Shame!! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the info. I was able to pick up 20, 21 and annual 2 for a good price early on. Think ill hold off and wait for the drop or a good deal. Maybe set my sights on House of Secrets 92 in the meantime. 

12 minutes ago, CyberSnake said:

And you didnt check with me first!! Even though you had no idea I was interested?! Shame!! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the info. I was able to pick up 20, 21 and annual 2 for a good price early on. Think ill hold off and wait for the drop or a good deal. Maybe set my sights on House of Secrets 92 in the meantime. 

I have a 3.0 I believe which I’ve been debating on selling to help with my mega key - plus the #25 ...