• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF#2 CGC 9.4 on Pedigree

19 posts in this topic

You've got to up your scan IQ. That happens to be a very hard-to-judge scan. Unlike most of the scans on Pedigree, this cookie is shifted way to the darkside.

The scan on the left is the scan before adjustments, as it currently appears on Pedigree. I messed around with the curves and got to the version on the left, which, although too light, shows you tons of details you could never make out in the original.

Still a nice book. No doubt about it. But never rely on the scan for the story. Scans can hide almost as much as slabs.

2ff2s.jpg

u guys know who found this book and ff 1 and ff 5 from the same collection?

the man, dan greenhalgh

the 5 graded 9.2 and the 1 9.6

the ff 1 was the one brulato passed on in 1995 or 1996

dan g has turned up some killer collexnx and books in his time int he market

Looks awfully sharp. Would anyone have the guts to have it reslabbed because on the surface it looks like it could pass for a 9.6?

Yes, it does have a razor sharp edge to the corners...almost too sharp... gossip.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

You gonna start an FF 2 thread in Comics General now? poke2.gif

Am I missing something? The second scan looks just as sharp as the first, just lighter confused-smiley-013.gif

No, you're correct. It's still a honey. Just pointing out how much a scan can miss.

I love how his listings always say "tied with one other copy that will never be sold 893blahblah.gif trust us".

If one of the other copies does come to market in a couple of years (and let's face it, people are allowed to change their plans) devaluing this copy, will the buyer have any comeback?

Looks awfully sharp. Would anyone have the guts to have it reslabbed because on the surface it looks like it could pass for a 9.6?

Link

Anyone that tries to reslab a 35K book deserves for it to come back a grade lower or 2...just for being greedy

I love how his listings always say "tied with one other copy that will never be sold 893blahblah.gif trust us".

If one of the other copies does come to market in a couple of years (and let's face it, people are allowed to change their plans) devaluing this copy, will the buyer have any comeback?

I think all he means is this is your only opportunity for a very long time. And even at such time as t e other copy becomes available, YOURS wont, (presumably if you buy as a collector). I dunno, even with the chance that Brulato or whomever MIGHT sell his someday, you got a good chance of snagging a pretty nice and scarce copy.

if you think the price is worth it, ......which I dont.

Considering Doug and Brutalo probably own the other two copies they may never see the market for another 10+ years. Doug's a huge FF fan so they would probably be the last books he would unload and heck he just completed a massive purchase for his TOS run so I don't think he is getting out of the business any time soon.