• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAD EBAY SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!! CMON!!!!

17 posts in this topic

his war comics auction is even better.

he's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. why not just say 'good minus?' he'd probably get a better price for them. why not? because, he's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person

...did anyone bother to ask about the page quality?...maybe he's a Victorian collecter,...from what I understand they are all about the page quality,...if the pages are white it's NM.... thumbsup2.gif

...did anyone bother to ask about the page quality?...maybe he's a Victorian collecter,...from what I understand they are all about the page quality,...if the pages are white it's NM.... thumbsup2.gif

I guess its a safe bet that you really, really dont like this guy poke2.gif

I guess its a safe bet that you really, really dont like this guy poke2.gif

...I dislike any dealer that is purposly dishonest,...

A scam? Not necessarily. He could just be incredibly clueless. I knew one shop owner once who priced all his comics by the NM price in Overstreet, regardless of condition. screwy.gif
I knew a dealer like that. 5 years ago he had a store in a suburb of where I live. All of his books were Priced to the Max. And many of them had rolled spines, creases, and sometimes stain spots that must have had stickers at one time. I would go back from time to time to look through his more than 100 boxes, but I never bought anything. After being at that location for a year, he left.

Then a month later I noticed a brand new store close to where I live. I was thrilled. Walked in, and it was that same guy. foreheadslap.gif Lasted 3 months then he was gone. He probably is on Ebay by now, where you can get more action out of a scan that actually inspecting the book in hand.

A scam? Not necessarily. He could just be incredibly clueless. I knew one shop owner once who priced all his comics by the NM price in Overstreet, regardless of condition. screwy.gif
I knew a dealer like that. 5 years ago he had a store in a suburb of where I live. All of his books were Priced to the Max. And many of them had rolled spines, creases, and sometimes stain spots that must have had stickers at one time. I would go back from time to time to look through his more than 100 boxes, but I never bought anything. After being at that location for a year, he left.

Then a month later I noticed a brand new store close to where I live. I was thrilled. Walked in, and it was that same guy. foreheadslap.gif Lasted 3 months then he was gone. He probably is on Ebay by now, where you can get more action out of a scan that actually inspecting the book in hand.

There was a small used bookstore in Iowa City that used to do that. They'd get comics in and price them at NM guide. The problem was, they didn't know a Marvel's Greatest Comics from a Fantastic Four, or a Marvel Tales from an Amazing Spider-Man. So you had Marvel Tales #50 priced at $50 and Marvel's Greatest Comics 48 priced at $125. screwy.gifforeheadslap.gif

On the positive side, I did score a 1961 Amazing Adventures 3 from the guy for something like $5. thumbsup2.gif

There was a small used bookstore in Iowa City that used to do that. They'd get comics in and price them at NM guide. The problem was, they didn't know a Marvel's Greatest Comics from a Fantastic Four, or a Marvel Tales from an Amazing Spider-Man. So you had Marvel Tales #50 priced at $50 and Marvel's Greatest Comics 48 priced at $125. screwy.gifforeheadslap.gif

On the positive side, I did score a 1961 Amazing Adventures 3 from the guy for something like $5. thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gif

takeit.gif

hey if you want to see a really sad, sad, scam, check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

now that seems more of a scam to me!

Good luck to the winning bidder!

How do these auctions even get bids???? I can't even sell an ASM #13 graded at a 7.0 for 75% of guide on feeBay!!!

CrAzY screwy.giffrustrated.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif