• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics sealed in plastic
2 2

9 posts in this topic

CGC will not grade anything in a bag.

Regardless of whether or not you send it out for grading, it’s best for the book to remove it from polybag. Over time the seam puts a dent down the length of the back cover and the poly isn’t ideal material to store long term.

X-Force 1 is a great example of why it’s best to remove polybags 

8 hours ago, Joosh said:

X-Force 1 is a great example of why it’s best to remove polybags 

But then they were left with the real question.

Should they throw away the polybag or the book?

Edited by Domo Arigato

14 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

But then they were left with the real question.

Should they throw away the polybag or the book?

I'd say throw away the bag and keep the book. The wood pulp in the pages may provide some nutrition in case of global catastrophe. The bag is more or less inedible.

16 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

When I clicked on this topic I was really hoping it was going to be another “why encase a comic in plastic so you can’t read it” thread.  Would’ve been perfect to kick off a Friday.  :frown:

Start one :baiting:

Here's a choice since you'll be getting a blue label anyway regardless -- Would you rather open the polybag yourself and see/judge the actual condition of your submission, or risk the (possible) disappointment that there was a hidden defect in the book  you didn't see? CGC won't care with a COA, much less with a bag.

Edited by bobotski