• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So finally pulled the trigger thread....
2 2

68 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Joosh said:

I like the thread idea. My ASM300 9.6 was a stalked book for a while 2 yrs ago. I finally pulled the trigger on one via eBay for $630 shipped. 
Just last month I finally pulled the trigger on UF4 9.8 at $900. I almost bought one in Feb for $450. I finally stopped feeling sorry for myself for not buying it pre-Rona and paid up. Hard to believe $900 was a great price.

I won’t post pics thanks to CGC’s rules. They are graded by Mr Borock’s current company. (:

I stop feeling sorry for spending money on keys when i realized they cost the same as going to a strip club...  and they are actually there next to me the next morning...  B|

39 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

I would stalk my current grail except that I'm not sure where any of the copies are right now for me to stalk.

what is it?....  if its this ill sell it to u... :facepalm:beavis.thumb.jpg.a55d3c53245468b7ca555302f9e37116.jpg

Edited by god503

On 8/15/2020 at 12:11 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

It really is a nice book tho!

I'm wondering if Stan and John had an arrangement that John could never sign above Stan on the page...and why did Stan sign it in green?

:whee:

When Stan started to decline in health, I started to pick up a few extra CGC SS books...  This came up on CLink in the April 2017 auction so I made sure to win one.  I had not seen this book dual signed available at auction for awhile.  Stan signed first, Romita signed it a month later.   John signed it well above Stan.  I do not believe such an agreement exists, it was probably who signed what, where... and what space remained. 

RADD6C2F201737_155048.jpg

I'm way too compulsive to stalk anything. If i have the means, I click the buy it now button as soon as possible :(    This is good and bad. It means I get a regular stream of new comics into the collection, but it also means I don't own any major keys/grails as I can't make myself save my comic book money up long enough. le sigh

2 hours ago, speedcake said:

I'm way too compulsive to stalk anything. If i have the means, I click the buy it now button as soon as possible :(    This is good and bad. It means I get a regular stream of new comics into the collection, but it also means I don't own any major keys/grails as I can't make myself save my comic book money up long enough. le sigh

I'm practically in the same boat. It's something to do on the weekends and evenings that keeps me out of trouble ha. But to offer hope, I'm running out of searches of stuff "I want" and the LCS seems to have for sale what I already own lol

Really cuts down on the impulse purchases.....

Thank God I'm not too into moderns otherwise Lord help me doh!

I "needed" a GSX1 for my Marvel GS run, but the prices kept me away. Then on the forum across the street I saw Voldy 6.5, and even from the phone photo I could tell it would clean up nicely. That, plus it was priced a little below 6.5 FMV, so I pulled the trigger. 

Like many of the people on that forum, I knew that if I had to sell it it would do better in a CGC case, so I sent it to RMA for a clean and press. It came back 7.5 :)

4 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I ended up pulling the trigger on a couple books just recently 

FF48 & 49

For some reason I feel you can't have one without the other

ENJOY!!!

On 8/15/2020 at 7:03 AM, Lurker89 said:

Living on a budget with kids, while being in my early 30's, in the tax saturated Northeast has meant purchasing any one of my personal grail keys has been methodically planned out. I'm already tapped out this year. I know what books I'm buying for the next two years. I have plans for the next five years.

This year's books were an upgrade for my WBN 32 and Hunting down a Warrior Magazine #1. Both aquired through these boards and some awesome boardies. Next year my goal is a 6.0 Marvel Spotlight #5. Followed by ASM 129 and HOS 92. 

IMG_20200719_195928522.thumb.jpg.9ab2eb5d570ce93f48ba5590619ef30c.jpg

IMG_20200731_091508890.thumb.jpg.a92a7835e6546129c910940f86894167.jpg

That Warrior 1 one is like hens teeth in high grade.