• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] CMA 19 Added! One-Day Auction Fun! Lot of 24 Coverless and Beaters GA/SA readers
1 1

38 posts in this topic

These have accumulated around here, so let's have some fun with them. First, some simple auction rules:

Auction opens soon as pix are up. Closes at 11 PM EST tomorrow; Monday Aug. 17. (A 10:59 pm bid can win; an 11 pm bid is too late. Board time stamp rules.)

Stack will be shipped via USPS Medium Priority Box; shipping is included in Opening Bid Price.

Opening bid is $15 (yes, a medium priority box is $15.05, so at the opening bid I'm paying you a nickel to take them.) Bidding is in one dollar increments. 

Payment is check or money order.

BIN is ... What else? .... Tree Fiddy! (That's $350 usd. Don't do it. They're not worth a fraction of that. We'll both hate me. The exorbitant BIN is merely to encourage auction fun so no one buys them outright.)

Don't be listy, including the little one in my head. (tsk)

Returns: Really? On these?? If you must, I gotta hear about it within three days of receipt and you're covering shipping both ways.

Alright, let's be ridiculous....

Edited by Readcomix

Okay, here's what you're getting; 24 books (I use the term loosely) -- 

Silver Age:

Millie the Model annual #3

Undersea Agent #2

Captain Action #1 (splash piece missing)

Worlds Finest 144

Daredevil 39

Golden Age:

Captain Marvel Adventures 19 (2nd Mary Marvel; coverless, incomplete. Mary story complete)

Frontline Combat 14

Two-Fisted Tales 41 (final issue)

Out of the Night 8

Fight Comics 62 (splash piece missing)

Mr District Attorney 17

First Love Illustrated 47

Calling All Kids 24

Four Color 329 (Roy Rogers' Trigger #1) remaindered

Charlie McCarthy 4

Jumbo Comics 134 (complete cover but detached; the belle of this coyote ugly ball)

Rocky Lane Western v3 #18

Four Color 276 Uncle Wiggily

T-Man #10

Justice #10 (Timely/Marvel)

Topix v8 #29 

Howdy Doody #10

An issue of Calling All Kids that I cannot identify

Two-Fisted Tales 32

Edited by Readcomix

3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Captain Marvel Adventures #19, coverless, incomplete, missing centerfold and 1st few wraps. BUT the Mary Marvel story (her 2nd appearance) is complete. You also get a Santa impostor, a Hitler impostor, and a switcheroo in which Billy and Steamboat switch bodies.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ok, I'll bid the minimum $15 plus tree fiddy, making my bid $18.50.

Edit--- I just noticed bidding in $1 increments.  So let's call mine a round $19.

Edited by SOTIcollector
Rounded to nearest $1.

1 hour ago, SOTIcollector said:

Ok, I'll bid the minimum $15 plus tree fiddy, making my bid $18.50.

Edit--- I just noticed bidding in $1 increments.  So let's call mine a round $19.

Woowhoo! We've gone live! We have a bid, ABOVE the minimum -- we are at $19; thank you SOTI Steve! :headbang: