• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to handle a NPB that lives locally and I know where?

105 posts in this topic

This forum is such a downer tonight; we've got a guy slashing tires and keying the car of a NPB and somehow I'm the villain because I disagree with cowardly vandalism as the solution.

It's like a Twilight Zone episode where everything is backwards. Maybe I should get a real mad on, lay a savage beating on someone tonight and be a real hero to the masses.

And snizzenfixit, I'd take my time getting out of the driveway in the morning. Don't want to run over your neighbor's cat or dog and come home to a smoldering foundation.

.........wow, tough day at the office guys................... shocked.gif

......remind to make sure i pay (not that i wouldn't) if i ever bid on one of you guys auctions..................... grin.gif

......especially yours ricky............. shocked.gifwink.gif

"Yeah, I need a break from this . It gets me all wired up and then I do feel like breaking someone/something."

............ grin.gifgrin.gif .......just make sure those comics are safely boxed away................... shocked.gif

CI - no one was advocating a severe beat down here. I was mainly just against inaction. This stuff has happened so many times to others that it's time that the good guys win one.

Part two: Using the info from my sources, I wrote (assuming that this was a little child that could be intimidated by me telling his parents on him):

darthdiesel@yahoo.com wrote:

To member: rfk-rox-your-world!

From member: darthdiesel

--------------------

Danny T****g - I'm coming over this weekend to see you about a payment you owe me for:

CGC 7.0 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 42 1ST MARY JANE! ebay item 2135821519

$103.49 better be ready for pick up. If not, I'm driving to see your parents and collect from them. I'm tired of waiting and being ignored. Please own up to our mistakes and pay for the item you won. I have a family to support and have no qualms making sure I'm paid what is due me.

(His reply) - automatically blaming the guy he's been e-stalkin' tongue.gif

RFK ROX YOUR WORLD! wrote:

Who gave you my parents' address. Don't threaten me. That would be a mistake to get my parents involved. Did you complain to eBay? What did sigmaguy say to you? He has been harrassing me for the past 2 years and getting me in trouble on eBay.

We can settle this peacefully, but if you threaten me, then I will never pay you!!

Please respond.

Danny

-------------------------

My last reply

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:14:02 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Carl De La Cruz" | This is Spam | Add to Address Book

Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member

To: "RFK ROX YOUR WORLD!"

I'm not threatening you. I was just involving your parents if you were a minor as these antics seem to be worthy of. And legally I have no recourse against the actions of a minor and must hold the parents responsible.

EDITED***************

There is your response. I'm deeply offended that you never got back to me after you said you would. I don't like being played for a fool and I will make sure I am compensated fully. There's your response. I will leave your parents out of it, if you pay ASAP.

Why are you worried about this sigmaguy so much? Who is he? He has nothing to do with us? Why involve someone else? Is he your partner in crime? You keep briniging him up, maybe I should what other shennanigans you have perpetrated on other sellers and get them their just recompense as well.

Maybe not such a downer, eh, CI?

I think I did the right think and report him to ebay. Maybe they'll get rid of him for good so that he never bother others again! Or inadvertently messes up one of your auctions because this sigmaguy seems to be a legit comic buyer.

............ .......just make sure those comics are safely boxed away...................

Nah, I've got a big supply of old furniture on the garage that was left here when I bought the house. That oak can be killer on the knuckles but she shure flies when you toss it across the lawn against a tree. grin.gif

And yes, my neighbours don't block my car anymore, and the kids no longer skateboard on my driveway.

Are you like the street racer on CSI last week who shot his rival during a race because the guy ran into his mom's car in the past and killed her? Tell me it ain't so buddy! tongue.gif

And snizzenfixit, I'd take my time getting out of the driveway in the morning. Don't want to run over your neighbor's cat or dog and come home to a smoldering foundation.

That would never happen, like he said, you only know about 10% of the story.

Phil

That would never happen, like he said, you only know about 10% of the story.

Yeah, I know what you mean, and I do apologize if I jumped the gun, but I was only working with what you stated. I continue to fight the good fight to keep off the front page of the newspaper grin.gif , so I have little patience for those that just let it all hang out.

"Figures your resolution would be sympathetic to letting the fraud go unchecked and urge me to take the wussy way out."

I thought it more of a precaution to a fellow board member that was thinking he was BSD.

"I applaud your friend for letting the vigilante in him shine through!"

JESUS...Vandalizing somebody's car ??? This gets applause? lol...Talk about a "WUSSY" approach to confrontation. You take the cake darth.

"same types of wusses that would back down if confronted by a terrorist on a plane, train or bus they were riding back home. But "that's just my .02"

Hmm...Is this a "rub" at me? "Methinks" you might change your perspective about alot of people you are talking smack about if you ever met them in person.

I'll be in San Diego next year if you want to meet up.

Guys like you kill me....Get stiffed for $100 and your blood pressure goes through the roof. Now your attacking the guys family? Granted he sounds like a POS, but if it was my kid that you were doing this to you might not like the consequences.

Bottomline is that you really never know who your messing with these days.

Life is too short to spend it getting worked up and plotting revenge tactics for a $100 NPB. You filed the NPB, got your fees back, the guys suspended, Ebay's warned repeatedly. Sounds pretty thorough to me.

Out of 12 million users there are bound to be some that don't pay.

It is still a fun hobby , no?

I used to get worked up about NPB's, but now I kind of just wait out the 17 days and file the final value fee & just re-list the sucka tongue.gif

I just got worked up over Darth's NPB because he is intentionally doing this (not like others don't) & is doing it with multiple accounts! shocked.gif I mean c'mon you see how many there were? HAHAHA, that was insane. Your advice to Darth was correct & I sure wouldn't want to see some stupid story about darth being shot or something on the news smirk.gif

Basically, NPb's are NPB's, but this guy is a world class hole & I hope that something good happens to him to teach him a lesson. wink.gif

Ricky,

I don't disagree that NPB'S suck!

My last set of auctions I had three.

The total came to $3300 .

One of the bidders NEVER contacted me. Another "threatened" negative feedback if I filed a FVF credit.

I followed the exact same course of action as I previously discussed.

Books were actually sold for $200 more privately, so things do have a strange way of working their way out sometimes.

I do however take exception to people idling chatting about harassing someones FAMILY , or "paying them a visit"

I have not always been the most peaceful man in the world or the most litigous.

But come on...

Granted I am sure this thread was not meant to take this kind of undertone, but it certainly has.

LMAO, about the "if it was my kid thing." If it was my kid, I'd give him a good spanking and make him work his but off in the weekend to earn the cash and pay back darth for all of the trouble he caused. smirk.gif

Matt -grow up - what part about venting did you not get there? If you knew this thread was not meant to take this undertone then wtf? You obviously don't show it in your contemptous commentary of our implied actions.

This man is 47 years old, not a child. If he was a child, I would have no other recourse but to contact the parents to get the payment from them. So yes I would be paying his family a visit. If it was a delinquent child, I would be visiting the family and letting them know that they should be more responsible in watching what their child does online.

for your information I did get payment tonight based on contacting the person but he just kept delaying and using every stall tactic. From the time this thread has been up, he has corresponded with me back and forth as to why he won't pay. I finally pulled the heavy handed tactic and brought out the mention of litigious proceedings and he still continued to argue. I had the help of a fellow board member advise me in how to proceed and his tune changed. finally paid about 10 minutes ago...

Here is the PEEVE Matt and I don't know if you do get this. If I laid back and just took this without acting on it, (let it go) as you advised, I would not have the money that was due me. This guy bid and won. Told me he would pay and didn't. Now I have to CHASE him for payment? and you think that I shouldn't?

And guys like me kill you huh? same goes for you Matt. I don't get you at all. You want to meet me? What for? So you can pummel me in front of my wife? So I can embarrass you in front of your kid? Maybe if you owed me money, it would be worth the trouble, but as it stands you do not. and if you never deal with me, then fine. I could care less about your offensive misguided 2 cents.

Learn to read between the lines. I followed the rule book here and got my payment. I take offense to you saying basically to let it go. That just equates your position with condoning this fraud's actions and says that he should go unpunished. over $100, over $1, it's the principle above all. Or do you not get that?

...well said darth, too many people just let these kind of things go and this behaviour just encourages them to repeat it. guys like the one you dealt with seem to actually ENJOY behaving this way................

.....and i agree, it doesn't matter if its 50 cents or $5000, its the PRINCIPLE thats at stake here................fraud is fraud no matter what the amount............. mad.gif