• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to handle a NPB that lives locally and I know where?

105 posts in this topic

I'm impressed that your friend had the discipline not to hold that guy accountable right then and there...

Was there any further action on the part of the neighbor? I'm sure he didn't have to think too hard about who damaged his car. Sadly, your friend could have been the one looking at the end of charges. frown.gif

...yes snizzenfixit, i think you'll find that most of the negative comments aimed at your friend were from people who took his actions out of context.................maybe if you'd let us have the whole story from the get-go you would have had less negativity....................

............i agree with previous comments that a NPB on ebay would not warrant a night-time raid on someones property................

........killing the family pet........now thats a whole different ball game............ mad.gif

Methinks we have to many pacifists on this forum...same types of wusses that would back down if confronted by a terrorist on a plane, train or bus they were riding back home.

I'm sure a few on here think of me as a 'wuss' (not you necessarily Darth). I don't think of myself as a pacifist by any means. 10 years in the Army didn't do me any harm. wink.gif

I do disagree with your above statment. I think the 'urge' to beat the our of Mr. insufficiently_thoughtful_person is on a totally different level than confronting a terrorist that is threatening your life and more than likely the lives of your family and fellow humans. mad.gif

• Administrator

This has circulated in email for a long long time, but maybe it's new to some people.

--------------------------------

For all of you who occasionally have a really

bad day when you just

need to take it out on someone!!! Don't take

that bad day out on someone

you know, take it out on someone you DON'T know!!!

Now get this. I was sitting at my desk, when

I remembered a phone

call I had to make. I found the number and

dialed it. A man

answered

nicely saying, "Hello?"

I politely said, "This is Patrick Hanifin and

could I please speak

to Robin Carter?"

Suddenly the phone was slammed down on me! I

couldn't believe that

anyone could be that rude. I tracked down

Robin's correct number

and

called her. She had transposed the last two

digits incorrectly.

After I hung up with Robin, I spotted the

wrong number still lying

there on my desk. I decided to call it

again.

When the same person once more answered, I

yelled "You're a

person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!" and hung up.

Next to his phone number I wrote the word

"person_too_unaware_of_social_graces," and put it in

my

desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I

was paying bills, or had a

really bad day, I'd call him up. He'd

answer, and I'd yell, "You're a

person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!" It would always cheer me up.

Later in the year the phone company

introduced caller ID. This was a

real disappointment for me, I would have to

stop calling the person_too_unaware_of_social_graces.

Then one day I had an idea. I dialed his

number, then heard his

voice, "Hello."

I made up a name. "Hi. This is the sales

office of the telephone

company and I'm just calling to see if you're

familiar with our

caller ID program?"

He went, "No!" and slammed the phone down. I

quickly called him back

and said, "That's because you're a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!"

The reason I took the time to tell you this

story, is to show you how

if there's ever anything really bothering

you, you can do something

about it. Just dial XXX-XXXX.

[Keep reading, it gets better.]

The old lady at the mall really took her time

pulling out of the

parking pace. I didn't think she was ever

going to leave. Finally,

her car began to move and she started to very

slowly back out of the slot.

I backed up a little more to give her plenty

of room to pull

out. Great, I thought, she's finally leaving.

All of a sudden this

black Camaro come flying up the parking isle

in the wrong direction

and pulls into her space.

I started honking my horn and yelling, "You

can't just do that,

Buddy. I was here first!"

The guy climbed out of his Camaro completely

ignoring me. He walked

toward the mall as if he didn't even hear me.

I thought to myself, this guy's a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces,

there sure a lot of

in this world. I noticed he had a

"For Sale" sign in the

back window of his car. I wrote down the

number. Then I hunted for

another place to park.

A couple of days later, I'm at home sitting

at my desk. I had just

gotten off the phone after calling the first guy

and yelling, "You're

person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!" (It's really easy to call him now

since I have his number

on speed dial.)

I noticed the phone number of the guy with

the black Camaro lying on

my desk and thought I'd better call this guy,

too.

After a couple rings someone answered the

phone and said, "Hello." I

said, "Is this the man with the black Camaro

for sale?"

"Yes, it is."

"Can you tell me where I can see it?"

"Yes, I live at 1802 West 34th street. It's

a yellow house and the

car's parked right out front."

I said, "What's your name?"

"My name is Don Hansen."

"When's a good time to catch you, Don?"

"I'm home in the evenings."

"Listen Don, can I tell you something?"

"Yes,"

"Don, you're a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!" And I slammed the

phone down.

After I hung up I added Don Hansen's number

to my speed dialer. For a

while things seemed to be going better for

me. Now when I had a

problem I had two to call. Then,

after several months of

calling the and hanging up on them,

it just wasn't as

enjoyable as it used to be.

I gave the problem some serious thought and

came up with a solution:

First, I had my phone dial person_too_unaware_of_social_graces #1. A man

answered nicely saying,

"Hello."

I yelled "You're a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!", but I didn't

hang up.

The person_too_unaware_of_social_graces said, "Are you still there?"

I said, "Yeah."

He said, "Stop calling me."

I said, "No."

He said, "What's your name, Pal?"

I said, "Don Hansen."

He said "Where do you live?"

"1802 West 34th Street. It's a yellow house

and my black Camaro's

parked out front."

"I'm coming over right now, Don. You'd

better start saying your prayers."

"Yeah, like I'm really scared, person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!" and

I hung up.

Then I called person_too_unaware_of_social_graces #2.

He answered, "Hello."

I said, "Hello, person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!"

He said, "If I ever find out who you are..."

"You'll what?"

"I'll kick your butt."

"Well, here's your chance. I'm coming over

right now person_too_unaware_of_social_graces!"

And I hung up.

Then I picked up the phone and called the

police. I told them I was

at 1802 West 34th Street and that I was going

to kill my gay lover as

soon as he got home.

Another quick call to Channel 13 about the

gang war going on down

W. 34th Street.

After that I climbed into my car and headed

over to 34th Street to

watch the whole thing.

Glorious!

Watching two kicking the out

of each other in front of

6 squad cars and a police helicopter was one

of the greatest

experiences of my life!

Name withheld to protect the guilty.

---------------------------------------------------

Uh. Not that I'm advocating this approach. Still, there's a certain humor value.

It's not about principle but I would say just leave this guy alone. He has made 18 different accounts. What's stopping him from making another and ruining ALL your auctions with Buy It Now. It seems to me that this guy knows what he's doing. It takes a min of 17 days to file for NPB & FVCF and in that time he can leave negative feedback to anyone he wins an auction from in that time frame. No protection at all. Then he can tell a couple of friends and they all can ruin your auctions together. In my experience just leave the Trolls alone and file for FVCF and move on. If you want to leave negative feedback do it on the 89th day to minimize the chance for a retalitory negative feedback.

I'm not a wuss but I read about too many sellers getting attacked by the trolls... e-bay still collects the insertion fees for the auctions ruined and they will not refund that fee. Therefore they will not help you. Call the buyer, if he has false contact information you may be able to get a negative removed if one is left. If the e-mail address is still functioning e-bay may not remove the negative.... keep that in mind.

There are no rules on Multiple accounts and many sellers have more than 2 accounts. Or one for buying and one for selling. There are rules for setting up another account when one is NARU'ed but if he keeps changing his name they can not prove it.... e-bay does not confirm registration information.

In all just move on as you have already filed for NPB & FVCF pursuing this futher may put you in danger of an auction attack and can cause many more problems for you in the future.

I'm sure a few on here think of me as a 'wuss' (not you necessarily Darth). I don't think of myself as a pacifist by any means. 10 years in the Army didn't do me any harm.

I do disagree with your above statment. I think the 'urge' to beat the our of Mr. insufficiently_thoughtful_person is on a totally different level than confronting a terrorist that is threatening your life and more than likely the lives of your family and fellow humans.

Scottish, you are right about the statement being irrelevant to the argument or totally uncalled for. I, blinded by my then furious rage, fired off an ill thought statement (similiar to a multitude of my posts wink.gif ) and offended some here. And I APOLOGIZED.

Maybe I should go back and erase some of these "offensive" gripes....I already made peace with Matt and the "fraud" came through and paid me last night around 2:00 AM, so my tune has changed considerably. I don't condone his 18 accounts seemingly concocted to hassle another one ebayer in particular, but there may be more going on there. I've just been more open to his side of the story, once he righted his wrong with me.

But Scottish, you will always be my favorite "wuss" tongue.gif

Peter,

I understand the importance that you place on your feedback and doing what it takes to maintain it. I have another outlook however that I don't care as much if I get a retaliatory neg, as long as I did all I can to follow the transaction to completion. Fortunately, I got through to this guy somehow and he paid. Maybe he had a chyange of heart. He kept saying he was a nice guy and was sorry that his immature bid attacks occurred on my auction. I do not hold grudges. He's done right by me and I can't ask for anything else. I hope he doesn't continue this type of behavior as it causes other sellers much grief and suggested this politely.

I hope he uses his second chance to do things right this time. He is practically my neighbor. I'd rather have a friend than someone who I'll have to watch over my back for. Already making up...this is the good part.

I understand also Peter, that you have had experience in the past with getting ganged up on by troll bidders and were a target, so I understand why this can't be a picnic for you either. I'm sorry if my opinions are so skewed that they are offensive, but I reiterate that it is unintentional. Just putting it out there for discussion, debate, disagreement and acceptance. whatever by whoever, as long as an open dialogue is maintained, then it's cool with me!

Hey Carl, yeah I was a target but not by the smartest. I think I told you this story. He used Buy It Now on over 100 items and left me over 100 negative feedbacks within 20 mins of auction end from 4 different accounts. I was able to get the feedback removed due to feedback bombing. The users were suspended and I was upset because it took 1 week to have the feedback removed and e-bay never refunded my insertion fees. I was out almost $50.00. I commend you on your presistence grin.gif

You didn't offend me. I was just offering my advise from my point of view and you knew where I was comming from tongue.gif

Yeah I think I take my feedback rating alittle too seriously. By powerseller standards I can have over 100 negatives and still be within 98% positive overall feedback. That 1 is just sitting at me taunting me everyday smirk.gif

Yes, you guessed it. I concocted this elaborate scheme to keep these American Spideys out of your Belgian chocolatey mitts wink.gif

Had you told me you were interested I might not have had to go this route. doh! I didn't check the bid history to see if anyone else wanted it. I 'm sorry.

Actually we 'met' because of this auction and you then proceeded to sell me stuff (Spidey 121).... I was the one that told you that allsportsdoctor aggresivelly outbid anyone else getting the high bid....but for me it was either the Mary Jane one or the Gwen Stacy one... hey I'm seeing a pattern here... all the old spidey books you're selling have major chick-influences.... hmmm I wonder why shocked.gif

Well Darth;

Apparently you are not alone, This guy has some nice lots for sale and he lives about 10 miles from me. I asked him if I win the bid if I could just pick up the books and save the 20 bucks per lot shipping. He said that would be fine. I placed my bids and was keeping one of the auctions as high bidder. Today I see someone named shackyg has outbid me I raise my bid to a rather high level, and realize something is wrong. shackyg has private feedback and has the high bid on ALL of this guys comic auctions, and on some of the auctions a bidders bids had been cancelled with the explanation that he had threatened the seller if he did not lower shipping. I E-Mailed the seller and said something was screwy, but if he wanted to do a private sale I would be interested. I will let you know what he says.

Phil

Guys, Guys....What the hell is going on here? Especially YOU Darth. Now I know who broke into the Darby/Carlisle Pharmaceutical Company and stole those cases filled with 30cc bottles of Steris Aqueous Testosterone Suspension!!!! You're too smart for this type of retaliation. Take it from a man who once put his fist through the side of a refrigerator (one of those OLD Kelvinator, motor ON TOP, HEAVY walled units, no less!) in a pyrotechnic display of anger on one occassion, just to make a point for a "dear friend", someone raised by a very war-like people, that these days, with 2 lawyers for every man, woman and child in the USA, it just isn't worth it to pursue that course of radical action, exposing yourself like that, over a $100+ item that's being renegged on. Ebay will be the first to tell you, you cannot Force a winner to pay, and you cannot force a seller to sell. I've won auctions where the seller felt the book went too cheaply (no reserve), and retrospectively, decided NOT to sell it to me, and I've been NPB'ed on occassion as well, the chances of an item being renegged on relative to the final win price of the comic. The higher the value, the more the chances of "buyer's remorse" setting in AFTER the end of the auction and the Bidder realizing he was carried away by the heat of the moment and can't swing the dough for the purchase. Darth, unless you don't value your freedom, or the safety of innocent bystanders that you care about immediately around you, save physicalities for more drastic things done to you by others. For petty annoyances, like this renegger agitated you with, I suggest locating copies of the writings of "George Hayduke"...."REVENGE" and "REVENGE 2". You're smart enough for these two manuals to generate even MORE creative ideas on how to make a person's life a living hell....from afar, as with THIS type of situation is suitable.