• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

passing on a lot of nice books lately??

35 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or are many of you guys doing the same thing lately. That is, I see a lot of nice books I could upgrade with, but, i see no urgency to pick them up because I just have the feeling I'll always be able to get them --- AND --- somehow, I think Ill be able to get them later for less.

but, i see no urgency to pick them up because I just have the feeling I'll always be able to get them --- AND --- somehow, I think Ill be able to get them later for less.

Definitely, especially that I collect Bronze and am happy to wait for the supply bubble to pop.

Not really passing, but just being a little more picky.

Same here. I'm using the Gerber scarcity index with more frequency when determining what GA to buy, even though I feel the scarcity ratings are a little inflated. But I'm more use of the info available than I have in the past, as opposed to just buying something that I think is cool.

Agreed.

I decided about 3 to 4 months ago, to focus on the three runs that I have almost complete. Unless I see an absolute bargain (and basically flipping type deal), I just can't buy anything else.

Even the few books that I really need, I'm trying to be more selective and I'm staying away from upgrades as much as possible in less the book I have is clearly not up to the level I want.

Same here. Like TilleyCS, the gas prices (and expected increases in the prices of other commodities due to high fuel costs) have led me to think three times instead of twice before pulling a few triggers on eBay, and I haven't bought anything in the last month (except a few BA cheapies at the LCS).

Wizard World Boston is at the end of the month and I still want to go, but I probably will scale back my budget by 30-50% or so.

Apparently you are correct as I can barely get bites on my Thor's. I guess I should wait until January to unload these if I do decide to relist them. I think its just that time of the year, kids back to school, people on holidays for the past month, etc.

They don't seem to sell well on eBay at all. I listed 2 SA Thors in VF at $10 and didn't get a single watcher, let alone a bid.

I have not purchase much in the last few years, but that is mostly due to having to reprioritize where I spend my limited income. If I was out of debt and working (job hunting since March), then I would be purchasing more, just right now I can not afford to purchase comics as offen as I would like sorry.gif

Psy

I won't be able to buy many books for awhile, I got furloughed from my job this week. It's not the end of the world as I'll be going back around January, and I have some savings stashed away. I just won't be able to buy many books for the next few months(maybie a cheapie here and there).

I won't be able to buy many books for awhile, I got furloughed from my job this week. It's not the end of the world as I'll be going back around January, and I have some savings stashed away. I just won't be able to buy many books for the next few months(maybie a cheapie here and there).

Sorry to hear that Doiby. I'm glad everything will be resolved by January. thumbsup2.gif

Sorry to hear that Doiby. I'm glad everything will be resolved by January. thumbsup2.gif

Ditto. Well, at least you have a bunch of nice lower grade GA books to read over!

What I collect is expensive, but not rare(ASM's), so I'm in no hurry. Once the movies are done with, some of the specs will be losing interest. And I'm focusing on the bronze portion of the run, since I don't feel like doing an extensive investigation into the history of every book I buy.