• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New UPS Shipping Rates an FYI
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Got hit with an unknown charge on a submission from one of the in-house signings that I received some weeks back.

I called into CS and talked with Accounting, per Accounting, UPS re-negotiated their rates so the amounts on the submission forms are wrong.  UPS on a single book went from $14 to $24.12.  And this new surprise charge is CGC passing the new cost onto us.

While that is all well and good over all, it is a little baffling that they are doing this without any sort of notice or anything.  Really making me rethink what I am going to send in as I have no idea what the end shipping rates will really be now.

I am not sure if this has any effect on FedEx or USPS, as I normally just use UPS.

In the end, just be aware, if you are not using your own UPS account and instead relying on the quoted rates on the shipping forms, they are not correct and you will be hit with whatever overages that occur without warning.

I checked on my last submission as far back as June 2020

I remember a couple of CGC pending charges and thinking, what?

Only one charge went through, so maybe this is still a relatively new change?

It's worth mentioning that I used CGC premium account credit on that sub, thought it might have been due to that lol 

Anyways, good to know (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

41 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Usps is more expensive then that. 

Yes, the submission form shows $32, so $8 and they can do insurance based on the declared value. 

Difference is you know right out the gate you are getting into it for $32 instead of expecting $14 with +$2 each additional book and getting hit with +$10.12 without any sort of notification until you reach out to discuss this sudden fee on an already completed transaction.