• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Grading/Resto Forum - What do you think?

59 posts in this topic

Actually, I think this is one of the problems - the grading contests do not contribute anything of substance to the grading/resto forum, and consideration should be given to creating a separate thread for them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I disagree. The grading contests are a good learning experience.

Grading contests belong in the Grading Forum.

Your oppinion, Herr Doktor?!?

hulk2bad.jpg

popcorn.gif

.05 sumo.gif27_laughing.gif

maybe there should be two "Grade My Book" forums, one for Johnny G and one for the rest of us.... poke2.gif

just teasing ya a little Johnny G gossip.gif

I was waiting for an "honorable" mention smirk.gif

I think it would be a fantastic idea to have a seperate "grade my book" thread. That way I can start to put some up again! I got scared off after all the flack I caught the last time devil.gif

Well, Chrisco, in December 2002, when Grading and Restoration was first proposed, I said this:

In retrospect I may have mis-interpreted the intent of the Grading Issues forum. If it is to discuss grading concepts, how to etc, then I agree that restoration would be a good thing to include. Especially since a knolwedge if restoration detection is important in learning to accurately grade. Is that what you're thinking. FF? If so, then count me in.

If this Grading folder is going to be filled mainly with the "What grade do you think this is?" and "This was CGC graded - guess what they gave it." , I would like to not see Restoration put in there.

Sure enough, it has been filled with "Grade my XXX" and the restoration topics have been lost in the muddle.

I should've known that wasn't an original idea. foreheadslap.gif

Sorry Pov, didn't even realize it. blush.gif

Great Idea! flowerred.gif

It is long time somone picked this up again and you did, Chrisco. I wasn't trying to take the idea. I was trying to demonstrate support for your inititiative.

So anyway - let's get a separate Grade My topic so we can have a semblance of order!

Or-Der! Or-Der!

So anyway - let's get a separate Grade My topic so we can have a semblance of order!

Or-Der! Or-Der!

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Reminds me of, perhaps, my favorite scene in "Blazing Saddles".

Father Johnson tries to settle down the angry meeting attendees, "Order...Order.....GODDAMIT I said Order!" 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I think OK.

Man that's alot of please grade my junk threads. Somebody else move these. My mouse hand hurts.

Thanks for the new forum, Arch. That should solve a lot of problems. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm starting this thread to get feedback from everyone about the creation of a new "Grading and Resto Issues Forum".

Basically, I got the idea as it seems the current forum has become nothing more than a "Grade My Book" forum. Many important issues become buried under these threads which usually get around 10 or so responses. I think they can be useful, but I also think that they should be in a seperate forum.

I know I rarely check that forum out anymore as, although I do check out books here and there, it gets tedious/old/whatever wading thru a page or two of "Grade My Books" to get to other topics.

I do not think I am alone in this. I think the forum would become an even better educational tool that it already is if the forum, in it's current incarnation, were split into two seperate forums:

1. Grading and Restoration Issues

2. "Grade My Book"

I have spoken to Arch about this and he is willing to listen to feedback from all of you regarding the above. He will consider it, if there is enough of a positive response to my suggestion.

Would you like to see such a change? Do you think that a seperate forum would garner enough traffic to merit such a change? Or, am I just a whining little beeyotch? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let's get some feedback - both positive and negative.

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think you are a whining little beeyotch and I think its a great idea. stooges.gif

I think OK.

Man that's alot of please grade my junk threads. Somebody else move these. My mouse hand hurts.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

Thanks Arch!!!! I agree with Scott, this should solve some problems!

See everyone, you can make a difference!!!! thumbsup2.gif