• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 359 - Mid Grade?
3 3

13 posts in this topic

Hello, you all will know much better than I will so thank you in advance for helping me out. I wish I had better photos but am at work currently.

My first instinct is around 5.0, but I could see as high as 6.0 and as low as 3.5

What does everyone think? (I know we're just guestimating).

Did I say thanks? I did? Well thanks again anyway!

Screenshot_20200903-125519.png

Screenshot_20200903-125534.png

Screenshot_20200903-125504.png

Screenshot_20200903-125444.png

Hard to make out everything from those photos.

From what I can see it's a 4.5 / 5.0. 

My worst eBay experience had to do with rusted staples! Buying a book that looked 4.0 and getting it graded as a 2.0 because of rusty staples with migration.

I didn't see any red flags with this one, I just tell me cautionary tale to say, practice due diligence with raw books on the bay.  Ask questions. 

13 minutes ago, babsrocks31 said:

Thanks folks. I am hoping to buy this book, but I'm looking for a 5.0 or higher.

That's the gamble I guess.

I would hold out for a better example in the 5.0 range unless the price reflects the gamble. Best of luck

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Hard to make out everything from those photos.

From what I can see it's a 4.5 / 5.0. 

My worst eBay experience had to do with rusted staples! Buying a book that looked 4.0 and getting it graded as a 2.0 because of rusty staples with migration.

I didn't see any red flags with this one, I just tell me cautionary tale to say, practice due diligence with raw books on the bay.  Ask questions. 

Thank you for the experience. Good to know.