• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Milestone Comics (Dakotaverse) Appreciation Thread
3 3

148 posts in this topic

A few additions I wanted to post -- the last comic been a rather special one, too lol

Picture 1 of 1Picture 1 of 1Picture 1 of 1Picture 1 of 1

On 6/27/2023 at 4:46 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

A few recent purchases/submissions:

On 6/28/2023 at 3:47 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Another shipment came back today. (My standards for Newsstands are somewhat lower than Directs.):

Great stuff! Not often you see Heroes encapsulated either :x

On 6/30/2023 at 3:57 AM, Bart Allen said:

A few additions I wanted to post -- the last comic been a rather special one, too lol

Picture 1 of 1Picture 1 of 1Picture 1 of 1Picture 1 of 1

Great stuff! Not often you see Heroes encapsulated either :x

I think the only issue of Heroes that had been slabbed before my submission was issue 1. My long-term goal is to get the original line in 9.6 or better. I've got a lot of the tough books out of the way already. Just need to go through the rest of my raw collection for candidates on all of the earlier issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Static book is the regular Coipel variant, not the foil, correct?

I can tell you from experience those Heroes books are really hard to find. I have found one set and some extras in one shop last year and its my only find. Long Hot Summer is another one that I bought anytime I found them cheap because I never see them anymore.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 7/8/2023 at 2:41 PM, fastballspecial said:

I can tell you from experience those Heroes books are really hard to find. I have found one set and some extras
in one shop last year and its my only find. Long Hot Summer is another one that I bought anytime I found them cheap
because I never see them anymore.

Wise Son as well, since that was published very close to the end.

Picture 1 of 9

Spoiler

Picture 2 of 9Picture 3 of 9Picture 4 of 9Picture 5 of 9Picture 6 of 9Picture 7 of 9Picture 8 of 9

Picture 9 of 9

On 7/3/2023 at 3:11 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think the only issue of Heroes that had been slabbed before my submission was issue 1. My long-term goal is to get the original line in 9.6 or better. I've got a lot of the tough books out of the way already. Just need to go through the rest of my raw collection for candidates on all of the earlier issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Static book is the regular Coipel variant, not the foil, correct?

Woah that's great! WOOHOO! Best of luck with that ~

The regular version at the moment lol ~

On 7/27/2023 at 4:17 PM, Bart Allen said:

Picture 1 of 4

Hide contents

Picture 2 of 4Picture 3 of 4Picture 4 of 4

Static: Shadows Of Dakota [Coipel Foil] #1:

• 1st appearance of Ebon in comics.
  • Nikolas Draper-Ivey and Vita Ayala story.
  • Nikolas Draper-Ivey art.
  • Olivier Coipel cover.

Sweet. Key Collector is still calling this a cameo, but the sequence he's in is multiple pages, so I think it's fine to call it a full appearance. Ebon is teased in issue 6 of Season One, but it's basically just his voice in the shadows. Still a good pickup though, since I'm sure there are fewer of those than Shadows of Dakota #1.

On 7/28/2023 at 2:11 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Sweet. Key Collector is still calling this a cameo, but the sequence he's in is multiple pages, so I think it's fine to call it a full appearance. Ebon is teased in issue 6 of Season One, but it's basically just his voice in the shadows. Still a good pickup though, since I'm sure there are fewer of those than Shadows of Dakota #1.

Hey, thanks :x Yeah, that was my justification too, and not sure why it's classed as his 2nd cameo appearance - never heard of a second cameo appearance in comics before - due to the amount of panels, and that he's physically present as oppose to #6 which you suggested ~