• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Milestone Comics (Dakotaverse) Appreciation Thread
3 3

148 posts in this topic

Latest comic and the most expensive purchase I've made thus far lol

Picture 1 of 2Picture 2 of 2#

On 2/10/2023 at 2:25 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Nice pickups. What is the Milestone content in the Superman/Batman mag? Trying to figure if I need to have that for my collection.

Thanks :3 It contains a preview of Milestone for Kids thus contains the origin of Static, Hardware and Icon :x

On 2/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, Bart Allen said:

Latest comic and the most expensive purchase I've made thus far lol

Picture 1 of 2Picture 2 of 2#

Thanks :3 It contains a preview of Milestone for Kids thus contains the origin of Static, Hardware and Icon :x

This was on eBay, right? 775? I was watching that myself. Wasn't sure whether that yellowing along the bottom was just the pic or the paper. Was considering the purchase since I have a 9.6

On 2/13/2023 at 1:34 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This was on eBay, right? 775? I was watching that myself. Wasn't sure whether that yellowing along the bottom was just the pic or the paper. Was considering the purchase since I have a 9.6

Aww yeah it sure was (hopefully the yellowing is just from the glare) but aww really? That's great!

On 2/13/2023 at 2:05 PM, Bart Allen said:

Aww yeah it sure was (hopefully the yellowing is just from the glare) but aww really? That's great!

Let me know how it looks when you get it. I asked the seller, but he seemed to think that I was referring to the strip of front cover color that bleeds over to the back cover (because the yellowish color can be seen along the spine as well). But it was a moot issue when I got his answer because it had sold at that point. 

On 2/13/2023 at 8:48 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Let me know how it looks when you get it. I asked the seller, but he seemed to think that I was referring to the strip of front cover color that bleeds over to the back cover (because the yellowish color can be seen along the spine as well). But it was a moot issue when I got his answer because it had sold at that point. 

I sure will :3 Aww :(

On 2/15/2023 at 8:07 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Does anyone know for sure what the release date is for the 30th Anniversary Special? I've seen next week, and also 3/7 and 3/21 in different places.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :O Not sure but I shall investigate!

On 2/13/2023 at 8:48 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Just arrived ~ Can happily say that the yellowish-glare was due to the scanning flare ~

This is so annoying. I went to a hobby show with my father yesterday, and since I was in an area that I'm not typically in, decided to hit a few comic stores to see if I could hunt down any Milestone books. No luck at 2 shops. The third store had 1 book in the back issue bins, but when I asked whether they had any somewhere I wasn't looking, the owner (I'm assuming he was the owner, anyway) mentioned he might have some in storage that he could pull out. He's expanding the store so he can eventually have all of his stock readily available. He found a full longbox of books, which he said he didn't price yet, but I could pick out what I was interested in and he'd price them. Starting flipping through the box, most of which weren't bagged, and of those that were, many didn't have boards. His Icon books were first, so I pulled out some of those to test what the pricing was going to be. He had a good number of Newsstands, but none of them candidates for 9.0 or above, but I figured good enough for placeholders until I could find CGC-worthy copies if they were cheap enough. (In the condition they were in, they were pretty much dollar-box fodder, but I was willing to pay a few dollars as placeholders.) The Icon books I handed him included 41 (bagged and boarded; looked to be in really good condition) and an unbagged 42, which had a number of problems including a decent color-breaking crease at the bottom. The rest were mostly fairly early Newsstands. Of course, he used eBay to price the books, so I was expecting the late issues to end up being in line with prices for those. But he tried telling me that even the early books are selling for $10 each now, and priced the group of fewer than 10 books at $175. It was pretty clear that he wasn't going to budge on his sense of what the more common and less-than-perfect books were worth, and I ended up walking out with only 2 books.

He had some really tough books though. Static 1 Platinum (unbagged), Icon 41-42 and some other late books (I think only the 41 was bagged), Hardware 49-50 (both unbagged) and some other late issues, late Statics including 44 and 2 copies of 45 (all unbagged), Wise Son 2-4 (the bagged copy of #2 was one of the 2 that I bought), and 3 of the 4 issues of Rebirth of the Cool, including #1 a second copy of one of the issues. Only one copy of issue 4 was bagged, and looked to be in decent shape (the others weren't), so I asked for a price, and he wouldn't even give me a price on that, since there were no recent eBay prices. He noted that the only copy availabe on eBay had an asking price of $140, and I realized after leaving that I knew exactly the listing he was referring to, which appears to be some seller who's a dropshipper or engaged in some other questionable selling practices based on the feedback (almost certainly doesn't have a top-condition copy of the book on-hand): https://www.ebay.com/itm/185769180602?hash=item2b40b4bdba:g:5oQAAOSwq~Bj4-0j&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA0M3BtGcF%2FhMd%2FWHPcdYw5IzA4OLVEMScuIVlBHHEeatb80ZREPtPi84UV%2FEiluArGsz8Vpped2bJAA97OAAh1nQKWCoCnWS5h3Z4UL7cS%2FTQB1ANwfFD%2F%2FeGQQqDI2aBI55xdGdrhfkV69legf9J4Q0kxqsPPOawmhc8Da65UJryWvf0R9DwzRNIH6RIVHHxYLLOWQQ0mixivAUufvldjcjb0OValMC8owkjbrJwME9EpiDE51QKiLlWnbADGRnJ6CkzeDDWOWDysP0smVH80as%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8DZ9e_aYQ

One thing I realized looking through the box: Newsstands of the Shadow War crossover and the Worlds Collide crossover seem to be somewhat abundant. This store had multiple copies of the Newsstands of the Hardware and Icon issues of Shadow War, and I've seen a handful of copies of those elsewhere as well.

On 2/15/2023 at 3:58 AM, jdandns said:

That Sienkiewicz poster mentioned on the previous page may have been promotional only, but boy, is it a beauty.

Here's the original painting from CAF:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1314465

They're using that artwork for a variant on the 30th anniversary special: