• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drummy's Key Party

78 posts in this topic

............it got me thinking about the book you were interested in..........

Yes, yes, tease us some more Harry. I sometimes think my kids are going to be in college by the time you let those FFs loose unto the market....and I don't even have kids yet. insane.gif

............it got me thinking about the book you were interested in..........

Yes, yes, tease us some more Harry. I sometimes think my kids are going to be in college by the time you let those FFs loose unto the market....and I don't even have kids yet. insane.gif

it's starting to look like they will see the light of day at the Javitts Center in NYC at the end of February..................more to follow...................... news.gif

it's starting to look like they will see the light of day at the Javitts Center in NYC at the end of February..................more to follow......................

Well, I'm out then. I'm only planning on going to Mega-Con in Orlando, and possibly ComicCon in SD this year.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to purchase your FF 5 once it realizes it's full "potential" and is sitting in a 8.5 holder. tongue.gif

it's starting to look like they will see the light of day at the Javitts Center in NYC at the end of February..................more to follow......................

Well, I'm out then. I'm only planning on going to Mega-Con in Orlando, and possibly ComicCon in SD this year.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to purchase your FF 5 once it realizes it's full "potential" and is sitting in a 8.5 holder. tongue.gif

OUCH!!!

nothings been done to any books that i have sold. the next buyer will be the third to touch these books after CGC and Me............ grin.gif

while i personally have no problem with pressing, i realize how many folks do and have kept these books free from any tinkering.

i'm still hoping that these facts will help me realize "top dollar".................and, trust me, a Sid's Luncheonette 7.5 FF#5 w/ white pgs is one great looking book;

1139158377195_1138917371533_FF_s_007.jpg

i will now try and refrain from touting any more books and incurring the wrath of the boards................ devil.gif

OUCH!!!

nothings been done to any books that i have sold. the next buyer will be the third to touch these books after CGC and Me............ grin.gif

while i personally have no problem with pressing, i realize how many folks do and have kept these books free from any tinkering.

i'm still hoping that these facts will help me realize "top dollar".................and, trust me, a Sid's Luncheonette 7.5 FF#5 w/ white pgs is one great looking book;

i will now try and refrain from touting any more books and incurring the wrath of the boards................ devil.gif

I hope you know Harry I wasn't suggesting that YOU would be aiding your comics reach their full "potential". One of the reasons your books are so coveted is because everyone knows & trusts them to be the Original Owner gems they are. My reference was more to that GL of yours that was resubbed (by someone else obviously) and came back better for the new owner.

OUCH!!!

I hope you know Harry I wasn't suggesting that YOU would be aiding your comics reach their full "potential". One of the reasons your books are so coveted is because everyone knows & trusts them to be the Original Owner gems they are. My reference was more to that GL of yours that was resubbed (by someone else obviously) and came back better for the new owner.

that's kinda what i thought, but it provided me with a nice entre into the topic of the NYC CON sale....... grin.gif.......more to follow in the Market Thread.............

Oh geez, I just realized thats going to be the same weekend as Mega-Con. There were quite a number of dealers & collectors down here last year during Mega-Con (Vinnie from Metro, Doug Schmell from Pedigree, Ted from Superworld, Steve Filosa, Richard Evans from Bedrock, Bill Hughes, Brent from Qualitycomix, Motor City Comics, etc. to name a few) so you might be missing out on some potential heavy hitters looking at your books that weekend.

Oh geez, I just realized thats going to be the same weekend as Mega-Con. There were quite a number of dealers & collectors down here last year during Mega-Con (Vinnie from Metro, Doug Schmell from Pedigree, Ted from Superworld, Steve Filosa, Richard Evans from Bedrock, Bill Hughes, Brent from Qualitycomix, Motor City Comics, etc. to name a few) so you might be missing out on some potential heavy hitters looking at your books that weekend.

i hear ya, but it's starting to look like the NYC Con will be pretty big. looks like 200 Tables/displays are set up in this one massive convention hall. gonna guess that the dealers you mentioned will be attending both - now as to who shows up at which confused.gif

Harry's posted this book in this thread already, but I'd like to highlight its inclusion in my collection of Marvel keys. As a huge FF fan, having a nice copy of this villain key was very important to me. I'm thrilled to have an OO copy!

And kudos to Brian (Foolkiller) for picking it up for me.

Dan

FF5.jpg

Harry's posted this book in this thread already, but I'd like to highlight its inclusion in my collection of Marvel keys. As a huge FF fan, having a nice copy of this villain key was very important to me. I'm thrilled to have an OO copy!

And kudos to Brian (Foolkiller) for picking it up for me.

Dan

FF5.jpg

just got back from Mexico last night and am getting reacclimated to the boards.

this was one of a handful of books that was particularly hard to part with (despite the lame storyline it remains a hugely important book in the Marvel Universe).

congrats Dan........ thumbsup2.gif.............i know it found a good home.........

Some new minor additions!

SGT. FURY #1

The date stamp detracts, but getting this for under Guide with its QP and PQ was exciting.

SgtFury1.jpg

MARVEL FEATURE #1

From Comiclink, the first appearance of the Defenders:

MarvelFeature1.jpg

AVENGERS #57

And finally, from the Boards' own MikeS, the first appearance of the Vision. Sorry for the weird scanner glare.

Avengers57.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Thanks, Harry! I really like the FF #5, by the way. Those edges are super-sharp, much like my FF #1. Makes them look brand new...

Obviously I'm interested in remaining in line for any future keys you decide to sell. I posted an updated want list on the Marketplace. Count me in as a repeat customer if opportunities come along in the next year or so.

All the best,

Dan