• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drummy's Key Party

78 posts in this topic

well Steve you know where to come when you've made up your mind. (assuming no-resto, Original-Owner, mid-grade+, well-centered, no-writing, high-gloss books are what you're looking for).

assuming i can ever part with those particular keys................

PM when is time to part with those babies!!!

Get in line Steve, Harry has been promising to part with his FF # 5 7.5 for a good year now...I'm still waiting Harry mad.gifsmile.gif

it's such a beauty!!!!!!!! devil.gif

well Steve you know where to come when you've made up your mind. (assuming no-resto, Original-Owner, mid-grade+, well-centered, no-writing, high-gloss books are what you're looking for).

Get in line Steve, Harry has been promising to part with his FF # 5 7.5 for a good year now...I'm still waiting Harry mad.gifsmile.gif

Got a scan to make us all drool Harry?

Got a scan to make us all drool Harry?

it's even better than i remembered........... devil.gif put this baby in a Mylar sleeve and fullback and let the Drooling begin......... grin.gif

it's got that 1/6th inch spine split ULC, about a half dozen small spine nicks, a partial hairline crease LRC and a bit of URC overhang bend. the BC has a tiny stain on the spine. the BC corners are so sharp that it looks trimmed - BUT IT'S NOT........ smile.gif

Oh yeah - WHITE pages......... headbang.gif

Someday...........

1129386098297_FF_s_007.jpg

I believe I remember grading that book on the forum before you submitted.

It is a very, very sharp copy. thumbsup2.gif

Your Avengers #4 was also very nice compared to the actual grade (I think it had a long non-color breaking crease). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

CGC grade of 4.5 to 9.4, although grade is dependent on pricing. For example, I'd probably look for an AF 15 in 4.5 or 5.0, but an Avengers #57 in 9.4.

Strong eye appeal, i.e. good color and gloss

That's it! How am I doin'?

Makes perfect sense to me.

I think I'm going to go in that direction myself, or I'll never have all the keys (FF #1, AF #15 and Hulk #1 in CGC 8.0 would still set me back well over $50K).

assuming i can ever part with those particular keys................ devil.gif

mad.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey all -

As many of you may have noticed, some of my books (ST 101, FF 5, X-Men 1) have gone the way of the dodo for now. Instead I put some money into this newest acquisition. Hope you like it! Still looking for a Burntboy original for my Key party, but maybe someday...

TOS39.jpg

Thanks,

Dan grin.gif

Thanks -- yes, FF #5 is still very much on my want list. And just to be clear, the books I sold did not come close to the price for this one, but they helped.

Thanks also for the nice words!

Dan

Thanks -- yes, FF #5 is still very much on my want list. And just to be clear, the books I sold did not come close to the price for this one, but they helped.

Thanks also for the nice words!

Dan

Dan, that is just a stunner of a ToS39 hail.gif

It's hard to count the many ways that FF #5 rocks, including the very cool cover. As a big Iron Man fan, however, this one took priority. A while back I saw a nice 6.5 wp #5 floating around, and am hoping it will come back to the market someday. That, or Harry will offer up some of his good stuff for me to toss $$$ at...

Dan

It's hard to count the many ways that FF #5 rocks, including the very cool cover. As a big Iron Man fan, however, this one took priority. A while back I saw a nice 6.5 wp #5 floating around, and am hoping it will come back to the market someday. That, or Harry will offer up some of his good stuff for me to toss $$$ at...

Dan

UCLAPeter has a gorgoues white pager that we were both bidding on over a year ago on Heritage, maybe he will sell it to you.

Dan

Harry's FF5 is a 7.5 with White pages....and from the pic he posted, it looked beautiful. It should go nicely with that crappy FF # 1 you have. tongue.gif

Congrats on the book Dan. Awesome looking corners on that TOS 39!

Dan

my original FF# 5 is only a 7.5 (but remarkably has White pages - another example of the vagaries of paper stock, as i read that book quite often).................not sure that would meet your new standards................... grin.gif

Funny because you crossed my mind today as i have another forum member querying me about my JIM 89 (8.5 ow pgs)............it got me thinking about the book you were interested in.......... devil.gif

Beautiful TOS 39, btw................. acclaim.gif