• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time Machine....

9 posts in this topic

Ever wish you could jump in a time machine buy up all the comic books that would end up being worth something for the cheap prices they went for back then, and keep them in mint condition.

I only say this because I've been getting into discussions about this with my parents, my father who was born in 1942, and my mom in 1950. I was born in 1979 and didn't start collecting till the late 1980s.

My father was a teenager during the golden age, and my mom during the silver age. I only wish they had been comic collectors.

My dad has told me that he used to go to the barber shop in the late 40s and read Golden Age Detective Comics that the barber just had sitting out for anyone to read.

I wish he had been a comic collector. He had hundreds of old 40s baseball cards as a kid , and they somehow dissapeared. He told me back then they had no idea that these collectables would be worth anything. He told me he used to flip them in the school yard, what ever that means.

I wish I had a time machine, or had been born in the 40s or 50s or 60s, because I would of collected comic books and kept them as mint as possible, I just know I would of.

10 cent/ 12 cent comics, worth tens of hundreds of thousands of dollars. GRRRRRRRRRR. It just gets me angry that my parents could of bought these comic books if only they had been interested!!!!!!!!

Oh well, it's all in hind sight.

>>He told me back then they had no idea that these collectables would be worth anything. He told me he used to flip them in the school yard, what ever that means.

And therein lies the true key element of any collectible; if it's a known quantity with anyone over the age of 15, it will never be valuable or desirable.

Popularity with Kids + High Attrition = Ching Ching!