• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time out
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I only made a window bag once, for a set of Batman Broken City comics I was getting signed because Azzarrello, Risso, and Johnson were all together in one place. I don't do signature series, I only get autographs on cheap books as a memento of meeting the person, I have no interest in the potential value. BUT, I do like for my stuff to be in nice shape, just because. So I made a window bag for those books, took them to that signing...and Azzarello made fun of me. :( Something about "you guys" having too much time on our hands or something to that effect. I told him I just wanted to keep them in nice shape since they were bouncing around in my backpack all day. So, now I have the set, signed by all three, and they're in great shape, but whenever I look at them all I can think about is Azzarello basically calling me a nerd.

So, no more window bags for me!  Let the chips/dings fall where they may!

56 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I only made a window bag once, for a set of Batman Broken City comics I was getting signed because Azzarrello, Risso, and Johnson were all together in one place. I don't do signature series, I only get autographs on cheap books as a memento of meeting the person, I have no interest in the potential value. BUT, I do like for my stuff to be in nice shape, just because. So I made a window bag for those books, took them to that signing...and Azzarello made fun of me. :( Something about "you guys" having too much time on our hands or something to that effect. I told him I just wanted to keep them in nice shape since they were bouncing around in my backpack all day. So, now I have the set, signed by all three, and they're in great shape, but whenever I look at them all I can think about is Azzarello basically calling me a nerd.

I agree 100% this will most likely be my last window bag signing. I like in person signings better cuz there's more interaction lol I met walt at my first ever convention however I didn't have this book in my collection yet so I couldn't pass on this opportunity.  

Just now, Ninja0215 said:

I agree 100% this will most likely be my last window bag signing. I like in person signings better cuz there's more interaction lol I met walt at my first ever convention however I didn't have this book in my collection yet so I couldn't pass on this opportunity.  

I get it. Walt is one of the few pros I haven't met over the years, and I'm thinking about sending something in just because i love the guy so much! I've got his signature in a hardcover that came pre-signed, but I'd like to get a comic signed by him one day, just to have. Uncle Walt is the best!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

That’s the first thing that came to mind when looking at the ops window bag. Wondering how many artists are annoyed that they don’t have the freedom to sign where they want.

25 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I get it. Walt is one of the few pros I haven't met over the years, and I'm thinking about sending something in just because i love the guy so much! I've got his signature in a hardcover that came pre-signed, but I'd like to get a comic signed by him one day, just to have. Uncle Walt is the best!

He is!!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Don't fret over what he said. You did nothing wrong.

still a nerd

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Don't fret over what he said. You did nothing wrong.

still a nerd

Oh, it didn't SERIOUSLY bother me at all. Now excuse me while I return to putting the final touches on my Brian Azzarello voodoo doll...