• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buscema Face

2 posts in this topic

A photo of X-Men 90 in PGM thread brought back a rush of memories. John Buscema had a way of drawing mouths on his characters that was both unique and howlingly funny when we were kids. When we had to go in at night, or were forced to drink some sort weird brew my mother made in the early 1970's (She was an Adelle Davis disciple), we would make the "Buscema face". Really dramatic and overly emotive.

I had forgotten about that until I saw that cover and realized I still do that once in awhile if my wife is "acting up" over something small and I make that face! It is very strange how comics have stayed with me in different ways I am not even aware of anymore. I also remember using the Kubert Tarzan "claw" standing around. His Tarzans would feature him with claw-like hand positioning. I thought that was awesome.

john-buscema-original-art-thor-sketch_1_b7d0d94ddd58d41a9af6e7d179ad2a45.jpg

buscema-conan-closeup.jpg

romita-sr-art-corrections.jpg

thor-original-comic-art.jpg

colletta-original-comic-art.jpg

colletta-original-comic-art.jpg

Silversurfer4.jpg

737299.jpg