• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GET A CLUE BINGO, let the games begin!
1 1

34 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bc said:

What if that person generates a "Bingo" ? Is there some kind of "celebration" ? 

-bc

they take custody of all the dolt's comics.

Isn't G5, "Wants CGC slabbed comic prices for raw comics", actually quite common for raw books that have been graded 9.4 and above?

I've seen a lot of it in board threads and with big online dealers who have absolute confidence in their grading ability.  Raws priced aggressively close to or at CGC grade prices.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Question for Valiantman, which issue do you believe to be the first appearance of DC's Katana? Yes, it is partly related to the bingo card.

The references say Brave & The Bold #200. Are the references wrong?

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Her appearance in Brave and the Bold #200 is in a preview at the end of the comic. And yet it has been established for 30 years now as her first appearance, along with that of Geoforce and the Outsiders as a whole. So now, I ask you, in light of what you posted, are the references wrong (should they get a clue)? 

Edit: why am I getting a deja vu about this conversation.

Edited by William-James88

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

When what?

when one of the situations happens and some nimrod shows up with like low print more important than character, issue or story-B3

Edited by kav

This could be magnificent 

every Friday you can submit a bingo with eBay listings as evidence  corresponding to specific squares 

Edited by Buzzetta

3 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Them don’t be using my name in vain!

😂

them can do what they want!

12 hours ago, William-James88 said:
12 hours ago, valiantman said:

Her appearance in Brave and the Bold #200 is in a preview at the end of the comic. And yet it has been established for 30 years now as her first appearance, along with that of Geoforce and the Outsiders as a whole. So now, I ask you, in light of what you posted, are the references wrong (should they get a clue)? 

Edit: why am I getting a deja vu about this conversation.

The word "Preview" is used by DC in Brave & The Bold #200, but what is actually contained inside the book is 15 pages of story which is not repeated in Batman & The Outsiders #1. 

The B&B200 preview starts with DC "INTRODUCING" (their word on the first page) the team, listing the roster, and then telling a full story with all of the characters.  

That's not a "preview" of a first appearance, that's a preview of an entire series, a preview of the kinds of stories that will be told each issue in the new title.  The first appearances of the characters/team occur in Brave & The Bold #200.

O4

By (literal) definition, a preview is a "view" that occurs "pre-" some event. 

Previews that show a few pages of a book that is about to be released, where those same pages are then included with the full story of that issue, are previews of a first appearance, not the actual first appearance event.

Teaser images and discussion of upcoming events are previews.

An advertisement of a book "on sale soon" is a preview.

By definition, the preview (earlier partial view) can't also be the actual event (actual full view).  The only exception is when something called a "preview" only happens that one time, the full event, during the preview. 

In those cases (such as B&B200), the word "preview" doesn't describe the one-time event, it is a preview of a whole series of events and the preview is the first one.

A full story - not included in the next issue - is a true appearance.

I'm not saying that previews are worthless... I'm saying they're not first appearances. 

Malibu Sun #13 should definitely be worth more than Malibu Sun #12.  Malibu Sun #13 has Spawn on the back cover.  But Malibu Sun #13 isn't the first appearance of Spawn.  It's an advertisement, a teaser for what Spawn looks like, and a preview of his first appearance coming in Spawn #1.

Edited by valiantman