• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 196 (1st Taskmaster)
3 3

12 posts in this topic

I just picked up this Avengers 196 at an antique store for 2 dollars (I haven't scored like that in awhile:banana:). Now I need some help with the grade. This thing is pretty crisp, the only major flaws I can see is the spine roll and the little indentations in the 3rd(on the edge below the spidey box) and 4th(towards the edge, just on the other side of taskmasters bow) pictures. No issues with the interior. Thanks for the help!

Screenshot_20201001-183454_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201001-183428_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201001-183332_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201001-183311_Gallery.jpg

Edited by kccoig14
Clarification

How do the staples look? In some pictures, they seem discolored.  In other pictures they look fine. 

Over all a pretty looking book. The spine roll can be pressed and it doesn't look like it caused color breaking creases. 

I think 8.0 after press ( assuming staples look good) 

5 hours ago, KCOComics said:

How do the staples look? In some pictures, they seem discolored.  In other pictures they look fine. 

Over all a pretty looking book. The spine roll can be pressed and it doesn't look like it caused color breaking creases. 

I think 8.0 after press ( assuming staples look good) 

Staples look perfect. I think they're discolored in that one picture because of the spinenroll and the way the light is reflecting off it.

5 hours ago, mysterymachine said:

I don't see anything wrong other than the spine roll and maybe a couple small indentations. Unless I'm missing something, a press should bring it to at least 9.0 maybe 9.2.

Thats the only things I see wrong in hand. I'm sure a press would take out the roll and the indentation on the top of the cover, not sure about the bottom part though.

Thanks everyone for your input so far!