• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a newbie but a newbie question
1 1

10 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Robert Doggett said:

I have FF 54-419 (minus issue 65 and 94 which were recently sold) in mostly raw with some slabs scattered in between.  What's the best way to advertise these are for sale?  I don't want to scan all 350 raw books but want them all available for sale per requests. 

That's not possible here, without breaking the rules.  

2 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

That's not possible here, without breaking the rules.  

That's why I came here first.  Thanks for the insight.  I'll come up with a work around.  Maybe put them up 10 at a time or something.  I'll figure something out that complies with the board rules.

11 hours ago, Robert Doggett said:

I have FF 54-419 (minus issue 65 and 94 which were recently sold) in mostly raw with some slabs scattered in between.  What's the best way to advertise these are for sale?  I don't want to scan all 350 raw books but want them all available for sale per requests. 

The easiest way to sell them with doing the least work possible is to send them to Mycomicshop.com. If you want to sell them yourself then you'll have to scan em.

47 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

The easiest way to sell them with doing the least work possible is to send them to Mycomicshop.com. If you want to sell them yourself then you'll have to scan em.

Yeah, I’m not opposed to doing the work by breaking it up into smaller batches.  It was that people have different needs and gaps in their collections that I’m more than willing to help them out with.  That’s all.  It has nothing to do with laziness.  While I’m at it, I may as well try to grade them as well.

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I would probably deal the slabs first, since that seems like your easiest task (based on your description).

If I was selling the entire run listed individually, I would not sell the slabs first.  I would post books here, starting at one end of the run, or the other. The slabs will help attract buyers to the thread.  Maybe they will buy some of the raw books, too.

18 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

If I was selling the entire run listed individually, I would not sell the slabs first.  I would post books here, starting at one end of the run, or the other. The slabs will help attract buyers to the thread.  Maybe they will buy some of the raw books, too.

No wonder people don't buy my stuff. hm

I think you can post on the boards, but in the 'dealers' section (not the buy/sell forum).  I don't know how much traction that will get though.  But it is an option.