This 100 years in Your Magazine Collection
3 3

292 posts in this topic

For some reason, it always slightly annoyed me that they did Treasury editions of the first two movies, and Super Special editions of the 2nd and 3rd, but you couldn't get the whole original trilogy in one form or the other.  Empire was part of the regular numbering and Return was a limited series... so I think the only uniform format for the original releases of all three adaptations were the paperbacks?

Marvel_Super_Special_16.jpg

Marvel_Super_Special_27.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OtherEric said:

For some reason, it always slightly annoyed me that they did Treasury editions of the first two movies, and Super Special editions of the 2nd and 3rd, but you couldn't get the whole original trilogy in one form or the other.  Empire was part of the regular numbering and Return was a limited series... so I think the only uniform format for the original releases of all three adaptations were the paperbacks?

 

Marvel_Super_Special_27.jpg

Sienkiewicz!  I love his stuff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hahhahhhhaahhhhaa!  My older sister made me see this movie with her when I was kid.  I still make fun of her to this day.  (Sorry in advance if it's your favorite film of all time)

1 minute ago, OtherEric said:

And the Super Special NOBODY will admit to actually wanting... but try and find a copy lol:

Marvel_Super_Special_17.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Hahhahhhhaahhhhaa!  My older sister made me see this movie with her when I was kid.  I still make fun of her to this day.  (Sorry in advance if it's your favorite film of all time)

 

Not in the slightest, although I do have fond memories of going to see it, actually.  My family was living in Germany at the time; some friends took our family to go see it.  My dad worked for Boeing, the friend's Dad was with the navy.  We had to drive a couple hours to get to the base that was showing it at the theater in English.  So a fun day out with the two families, with the special treat of getting to see a movie in English that most people around us couldn't yet.

I've always also respected the heck out of the film for giving Gene Kelly a starring role in a movie targeted at young audiences.  But I haven't seen it since that first viewing and I have no real wish to see it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Not in the slightest, although I do have fond memories of going to see it, actually.  My family was living in Germany at the time; some friends took our family to go see it.  My dad worked for Boeing, the friend's Dad was with the navy.  We had to drive a couple hours to get to the base that was showing it at the theater in English.  So a fun day out with the two families, with the special treat of getting to see a movie in English that most people around us couldn't yet.

I've always also respected the heck out of the film for giving Gene Kelly a starring role in a movie targeted at young audiences.  But I haven't seen it since that first viewing and I have no real wish to see it again.

I hope you still like Disco.  I don't know if you remember, but he travels to Xanadu by roller skating really fast into a brick wall.  The events that followed were probably what he experienced while in his coma recovering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Have you seen how much the Dune movie adaption goes for these days in high grade?  I have a paperback version of it somewhere, but I can't find it.  Boo

 

Same, I have the paperback edition somewhere but not the super special.  I do have this, though:

Analog_1965_03.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3