• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OC/MC - Error Fee
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have a card I am looking to submit that is OC or "Off Center".  Will this just grade lower or also be considered for some sort of OC grade?  Do I need to pay the error fee for this?  I am not even sure if it would get the grade or just grade very low on Centering.  Can centering go all the way down to a CGC 1.0 on centering or is anything this low OC or MC "Miscut"?

If I pay the fee and there is no error is it refunded?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hi William,

Thank you.  You would need to submit and pay the Error fee of $5 in addition to the grading fee.   If it is indeed Off Center, it would get the OC qualifier.  If it is showing an alignment dot, it would get the Minor Miscut text on the back and Error under the grade.  If we find that this is not an error, you would not be refunded the fee as it needs to be checked by our Error Grader.

The minimum centering grade is equivalent to an 8. We do not believe a card should not be mint because it’s OC.

Thank you,

Lisa

On 10/28/2020 at 9:43 AM, William Weitz said:

To clarify further if the card is OC only will it get a OC qualifier without submitting as an error?  I am more worried about a separate shipping fee for one error card.

I submitted a card for regular grading with sub grades and it received an OC qualifier without an additional charge (or so I think anyway).