• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kellyssuperheroes (Ebay seller)

44 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Yes. I get the feeling you don't see Cambell's drawing of a slice as "pizza". But it looks like a slice to me. I would just worry that it would be overkill and would begin to draw attention away from the actual book itself. It's a nice piece in of itself. I wouldn't want to defeat it with a lot of "graffiti". Next thing you know, you're in Bat 227 country and there is no "givesies backsies". Just my take. Understated is prudent IMO.

Thanks! I'm glad it looks like pizza and to hear the words, hopefully I dont sound ungrateful to anyone reading, because I didnt have to "pay for the sketch".

It wasnt an option for the signing

I just asked and got lucky, but I can over analyze from time to time. After drooling of course.

And with Eastman coming, its do I or dont I? I want to, I'm thankful and I dont want to diminish or be ungrateful. I just dont want ruin it or be :ohnoez:

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! I'm glad it looks like pizza and to hear the words, hopefully I dont sound ungrateful to anyone reading, because I didnt have to "pay for the sketch".

It wasnt an option for the signing

I just asked and got lucky, but I can over analyze from time to time. After drooling of course.

And with Eastman coming, its do I or dont I? I want to, I'm thankful and I dont want to diminish or be ungrateful. I just dont want ruin it or be :ohnoez:

For a book I would have signed, it would have to remain tasteful. I would hate to step back from a signing/remarking and think "Well? I hate this." Just speaking for myself, A nice Eastman sig would be perfect. UNLESS. The Eastman sig/remarque was on the back cover.

Just now, Randall Ries said:

For a book I would have signed, it would have to remain tasteful. I would hate to step back from a signing/remarking and think "Well? I hate this." Just speaking for myself, A nice Eastman sig would be perfect. UNLESS. The Eastman sig/remarque was on the back cover.

It's a thought (thumbsu

Since it's slabbed I have to let cgc crack it to window bag, I think I'll be satisfied either way, but I'll take the time to pray and hope for something that I haven't thought of yet lol

Wing and a prayer!

57 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's a thought (thumbsu

Since it's slabbed I have to let cgc crack it to window bag, I think I'll be satisfied either way, but I'll take the time to pray and hope for something that I haven't thought of yet lol

Wing and a prayer!

Oh I see. I thought a CGC rep was there at the signing and they opened the slab there, the artist did their thing and they put it back. Clearly hadn't thought the process through. LOL! I don't have the courage for that. I'd be crazy if something happened to the book while a bunch of people handled it and I lost a point. I suppose it's all very professional and people are as careful as people can be. Probably the person doing the signing/drawing are the ones who might mess up a piece.

For myself, a piece as unique as yours I would go easy. Like that Bat 227 or even worse, that horrible Tor Johnson looking 232 monstrosity, at some point it becomes a terrific joke. Then I would be like Andy in the Woody dream sequence: "I don't want to play with you anymore."