• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harnish auctions...

13 posts in this topic

Surprised to see no posts about them and their silver lots they have bombared ebay with. They have fairly solid feedback for a power seller, buy has anyone here had any experience with them on high dollar stuff? (Most of their feedbacks are for $5 grab bags and whatnot).

Thanks!

You missed my Holy Moly thread in Comic General?

*Robin shock Art goes here*

In my first post I didn't realize it was a scam (that he didn't have the books on hand).

I honestly thought it was some dealer selling his stock out or something.

By my 2nd and 3rd post (the 3rd and 4th in the thread) I saw what he was doing.

I think he was NARU'd, partly 'cause he didn't have the books at the time of auction (he stated this in the blurb, and it's against ebay policy) and also due to those auctions being a scam too far.

ooh, nice one. i may have to steal that bit sometime

Check this thread for some first-hand posts from people who bid on the Harnish auctions:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000059972&start=440

"Harnishauctions" did get NARU'd, as well as their buying ID "galactus_eater_of_comics". Then one of the Harnish guys came back with the ID "comicalgems", and then that ID got NARU'd. You can see on that thread that they appear to have another ID and are trying to buy the books they advertised.

Two examples show how foolish these guys are: "comicalgems" won an ASM # 1 in 4.0 for $3,000 when they pre-sold an ASM # 1 in 4.0 for $1,500, and "comicalgems" won what he thought was a high grade ASM # 129. But of course, to anyone that pays attention, it was clearly a German reprint edition. I mean, the words are in German right on the cover!

I really don't know what these guys were thinking...

Two examples show how foolish these guys are: "comicalgems" won an ASM # 1 in 4.0 for $3,000 when they pre-sold an ASM # 1 in 4.0 for $1,500, and "comicalgems" won what he thought was a high grade ASM # 129. But of course, to anyone that pays attention, it was clearly a German reprint edition. I mean, the words are in German right on the cover!

I really don't know what these guys were thinking...

According to one of the ebay posters, it didn't state in Hamish's auctions that you would've gotten a set of U.S. version, non-reprint books in whichever run you were bidding on. Amazingly for such a verbose, waffle - ridden blurb it was what WASN'T said that mattered.

In other words British pence copies and GRR reprints would've been acceptable in this context, and by extension German reprints.

Which says it all, really.

According to one of the ebay posters, it didn't state in Hamish's auctions that you would've gotten a set of U.S. version, non-reprint books in whichever run you were bidding on. Amazingly for such a verbose, waffle - ridden blurb it was what WASN'T said that mattered.

In other words British pence copies and GRR reprints would've been acceptable in this context, and by extension German reprints.

Which says it all, really.

foreheadslap.gif Reason #3,692 not to be bidding on auctions for ITEMS NOT SHOWN.

While we continue to speculate on Harnish's motivations, I really have to wonder what all these bidders were thinking. I guess in the end, it's just too tempting to think you have the chance to get something for nothing.

He ended up buying my Silver Surfer #1 CGC 9.0, and I've been protecting myself against a chargeback, just in case. But he paid promptly, and there haven't been any problems. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I agree, not the best business model, though.