• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulps Between Boards: Arkham House and Other Specialty Publishers
4 4

177 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2023 at 4:03 PM, waaaghboss said:

I had a rare treat yesterday. A bookstore had 3 copies of the first edition of The Outsiders and Others, and a copy of the first print on the shadows over Innsmouth (white cover).  I got to leaf through a copy of Outsiders but Shadows was in a bag.  He also had a collection of prebound leafs that he said 7 copies were made as a promo or something, but the price tag on that scares me as much as a good logecraft story!

It's always fun to look at famous books like that, even if you can't afford them, isn't it?

On 2/6/2024 at 4:55 PM, jimjum12 said:

I've only ever seen a couple of actual copies, and several more pictures of copies, but this one is, hands down, the prettiest copy I ever saw. Now where's that winning lottery ticket when you need it? I'm sharing it here because there are some here who CAN afford it. It would certainly be a cornerstone to any Lovecraft collection. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

THE OUTSIDER AND OTHERS

That is a beast of a copy. When I was in college at NYU in the 1980's I worked for a while for Eric Kramer at his Fantasy Archives on 8th Avenue in Manhattan and he always had 5 or 6 copies of the Outsider that I was astonished at being able to see/handle. Some real nice ones, he had ridiculous material like L.W. Currey carries (who was his main competitor for top material)   I'm happy and blessed to have a copy now. It doesn't look quite like that one!