• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER-MAN 3 VILLIANS...............................MAYBE??!!

25 posts in this topic

All I know is that the longer a comic book franchise continues, the more the studios want to incorporate additional villains, and the more the movies get ruined... until Spider-man 4 or 5 when we have the equivalent of Batman & Robin.

James Franco playing Hobgoblin is a no-brainer.

Thomas Hayden-Church would be a good choice.

Topher Grace is the only questionable choice for playing Venom. I just don't see that happening and being believable.

Topher Grace as Eddie Brock makes less than zero sense. Horrid casting.

This has got me jumping for joy compared to the "both actors are playing the same villain" rumor that's floating around.

Though how Raimi would have let a major plot turn like that slip out two years before the film came out didn't help its credence.

Bring on this movie. Raimi will make it work. It's in his blood. popcorn.gif

James Franco playing Hobgoblin is a no-brainer.

I always knew that Daniel Desario had anti-social tendencies.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I had to search that name, as I missed the reference. Never watched the show.

Venom is the villain that was a space alien symbiote costume from Secret Wars that was created pretty much to make Spidey easier to draw, right? And your problem is with Topher Grace?

Why not just stick with the science gone bad theme? It works. Shocker, Electro, Mysterio, and Hobgoblin would all be easy, and at least plausible. Killraven too, but he doesn't fit the science theme. Sandman and Venom, in addition to being goofy characters to begin with, are just excuses to play with CGI.

Venom is the villain that was a space alien symbiote costume from Secret Wars that was created pretty much to make Spidey easier to draw, right? And your problem is with Topher Grace?

Why not just stick with the science gone bad theme? It works. Shocker, Electro, Mysterio, and Hobgoblin would all be easy, and at least plausible. Killraven too, but he doesn't fit the science theme. Sandman and Venom, in addition to being goofy characters to begin with, are just excuses to play with CGI.

"That 70's Symbiote"

27_laughing.gif

Having Venom in this picture would be like having Bane in Batman and Robin. They would potentially take a character that many of us grew up with and throw him in as a third tier villain. Maybe this is Rainee's way of getting rid of the character in this picture instead of having to focus on him in future movies as the main villain.

Having Venom in this picture would be like having Bane in Batman and Robin. They would potentially take a character that many of us grew up with and throw him in as a third tier villain.

Venom is a third tier villain...and not very original at that... stooges.giftongue.gif

Jim

Having Venom in this picture would be like having Bane in Batman and Robin. They would potentially take a character that many of us grew up with and throw him in as a third tier villain.

Venom is a third tier villain...and not very original at that... stooges.giftongue.gif

Jim

Hey. smile.gif