• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic related dreams?
2 2

93 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

That's so cool. In my dreams I'm usually watching it remotely. Like a video. 

sometimes I do and sometimes it shifts back and forth.  I have had many, many dreams where I am superman.  They are the best.  Saving airliners, all kinds of ****.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

sometimes I do and sometimes it shifts back and forth.  I have had many, many dreams where I am superman.  They are the best.  Saving airliners, all kinds of ****.

Can you actually fly? Actual self-propelled, sustained flight? Or are they more like long jumps, like the original Superman?

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

This reminds me of a childhood friend that blew his thumb off and injured his eye when he stuck a hot awl, to insert a fuse, into a home-made firework that he loaded with 2 mats worth of firecracker powder. 

everyone knows the story of the pipe bomb that exploded in my hands.

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Can you actually fly? Actual self-propelled, sustained flight? Or are they more like long jumps, like the original Superman?

No it is full on flying super speed and everything.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Are you Curt Swan Superman or Kneel Atoms Superman in the dream?

1 minute ago, kav said:

everyone knows the story of the pipe bomb that exploded in my hands.

Ps my Dr said I was one of the lucky ones-I still had eyes.  I was looking up.  Chin peppered with gun powder.

Just now, Comics4All said:

Superman Returns version.

Just now, kav said:

No it is full on flying super speed and everything.

I think that's rare, as we don't know how to fly. The feeling of self-propulsion. How we would do it, without wings or alar-structure.. When I "fly" I always come back down and have to get "up" again somehow. Climb or jump. And then it's like running like "The Beast from Glass, or Sabertooth, when running on al fours.. long leaps, but up...and then I can't sustain it. I can descend slowly, but it's always a descent once I'm "up" in a dream.What does that mean? (shrug)

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I don't. What happened?

We made a home made cannon out of a pipe and one other kid over packed it with the stuffing we were shooting and yeah it turned from a cannon to a pipe bomb in an instant.
All because we ran out of matches so one kid ran home to get matches the other kid kept packin the stuffing.

3 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Did you think to fly or was it muscle memory?

Or was it like zip your here or there?

I think that's rare, as we don't know how to fly. The feeling of self-propulsion. How we would do it, without wings or alar-structure.. When I "fly" I always come back down and have to get "up" again somehow. Climb or jump. And then it's like running like "The Beast from Glass, or Sabertooth, when running on al fours.. long leaps, but up...and then I can't sustain it. I can descend slowly, but it's always a descent once I'm "up" in a dream.What does that mean? (shrug)

I was obsessed with being superman for so long.  I went and saw superman 3 at theater every day for a week just to watch the flying scenes.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Ps my Dr said I was one of the lucky ones-I still had eyes.  I was looking up.  Chin peppered with gun powder.

Thank God. The construction, the dynamics of the explosive force was most likely at the ends of the pipe bomb, the central area that would have exploded up instead of out the sides diminished enough not to kill you, thankfully. 

Thank God. The construction, the dynamics of the explosive force was most likely at the ends of the pipe bomb, the central area that would have exploded up instead of out the sides diminished enough not to kill you, thankfully. 

we used the powder equal to 3 shotgun shells in the last shot.  my Dr worked in korea on blown up hands.  he did an amazing job where the first hospital I went to was just gonna cut em off.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I was obsessed with being superman for so long.  I went and saw superman 3 at theater every day for a week just to watch the flying scenes.

Flying would be good except for bugs in your eyes/teeth! 

Need a mask like Spidey's .....

Just now, Comics4All said:

Flying would be good except for bugs in your eyes/teeth! 

Need a mask like Spidey's .....

I could see em coming with telescopic vision and burn em with heat vision.  Not an issue.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

muscle memory like walking.

I'm going to give it a shot. Hey, I know :idea:   Before I try something as ambitious as fully sustained flight, I'll start small. I'll start as Christopher Reeve in Somewhere in Time. I'll see if I can manage to dream about being Chris Reeve at the Grand Hotel in the early 20th century before tackling becoming Superman and sustaining full flight!